Sims 2 Won't Download Past Base Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 Won't Download Past Base Game

Post by raelynna on Sat 24 Jun 2017, 00:49

Hi - I saw something similar on a previous thread but i feel i have more detail to add as to the error boxes that pop up.

1) I downloaded the entire collection and extracted it to a folder on my desktop.
2) I started the autorun.exe on the base game file and entered the serial number, it downloaded fine - to C://Program files x86/EA GAMES / name of file
3) When i try to download Sims University, i enter the code and it completes and then this pops up "the Sims 2 Pets is not installed or improperly installed on your machine. Please install or reinstall" but i haven't touched sims pets yet...

which is weird...cause i was trying to download sims university not sims pets...

4) then this appears and the whole sims university uninstalls itself

i was downloading in the order asked so i'm not sure what's wrong...i've tried to run as admin, delete the whole file and redownload but still gives me the same error. i'm on windows 7 on a laptop.

raelynna
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Computer Games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 Won't Download Past Base Game

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Jul 2017, 09:42

raelynna wrote:Hi - I saw something similar on a previous thread but i feel i have more detail to add as to the error boxes that pop up.

1) I downloaded the entire collection and extracted it to a folder on my desktop.
2) I started the autorun.exe on the base game file and entered the serial number, it downloaded fine - to C://Program files x86/EA GAMES / name of file
3) When i try to download Sims University, i enter the code and it completes and then this pops up "the Sims 2 Pets is not installed or improperly installed on your machine. Please install or reinstall" but i haven't touched sims pets yet...

which is weird...cause i was trying to download sims university not sims pets...

4) then this appears and the whole sims university uninstalls itself

(...)

i was downloading in the order asked so i'm not sure what's wrong...i've tried to run as admin, delete the whole file and redownload but still gives me the same error. i'm on windows 7 on a laptop.

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Have a look at the guide here and do all the steps you can do (if you cannot find some entries, just forget them and proceed with the rest):
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftitle%3DGame_Help:Uninstall

After doing so, re-boot the computer. After which you start re-installing. Also, make sure to actually extract the .rar file, with the program WinRAR. It can be found among all other G4TW downloads, here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads/
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum