Freezing problem?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freezing problem?

Post by SwordAccel on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 23:13

I followed the instructions to install the Sims 4 correctly, did everything it said and had no problems starting it up. Just after startup, it will just freeze as its loading or right after the loading screen. I run on 64 bit windows 10, and set up the directory correctly as well. I don't think it has to do with my computer not being up to date either, I'll add my specs just in case: Intel Core i7-5820 3.3ghz(12 CPUs), with 16 gigs of RAM, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. I don't have any other programs running either. I usually have to sign out or restart in order to shut down and exit the Sims 4. Thank you guys so much in advance, you all are too generous!

SwordAccel
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freezing problem?

Post by Ageha on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 15:31

Hi there,

Seeing from your specs it's obvious that you should be able to run games with no problem at all. Things you can check however, make sure that your drivers are up to date. Especially the NVIDIA drivers. Try playing in windowed mode or run the compatibility troubleshooter. 

There was a similar thread recently and I had suggested taking a look at this possible fixes/solutions here.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1956

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum