SIMS 4 enable CC/mods button doesn't show up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 4 enable CC/mods button doesn't show up.

Post by ciellers on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 19:48

Hello there! I have recently downloaded TS4 and obviously enough, I really want to use CC. But in order to use custom content, I need to enable the option - but it doesn't even show up for me? Can someone please help? I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I really couldn't find a helpful response.

ciellers
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 4
Points : 56
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIMS 4 enable CC/mods button doesn't show up.

Post by Ageha on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 17:33

Hi there, 

No worries as this recently was given a fix by @MommyMayhem and you can see her thread here. Basically what you need to do is to click the restore defaults button under Game Options.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1210
Points : 2162
Reputation : 176
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIMS 4 enable CC/mods button doesn't show up.

Post by ciellers on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 20:12

@Ageha wrote:Hi there, 

No worries as this recently was given a fix by @MommyMayhem and you can see her thread here. Basically what you need to do is to click the restore defaults button under Game Options.
It sadly didn't work. I clicked the restore defaults button and even restarted the game, but the option to enable CC/Mods still doesn't show up.

ciellers
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 4
Points : 56
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIMS 4 enable CC/mods button doesn't show up.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 20:28

@ciellers wrote:It sadly didn't work. I clicked the restore defaults button and even restarted the game, but the option to enable CC/Mods still doesn't show up.


Try going under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and open the Options.ini in Notepad. Look for the following 2 lines:

scriptmodsenabled -> put the number next to it, to "1".
modsdisabled        -> there, put the number "0".

Save the changes to the text file and re-start the game. See if the options are accessible. 

Not sure if the problem can be caused by cache files, but if so, maybe this post can help you dealing with that.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14083
Points : 18684
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIMS 4 enable CC/mods button doesn't show up.

Post by ciellers on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 21:14

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Try going under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and open the Options.ini in Notepad. Look for the following 2 lines:

scriptmodsenabled -> put the number next to it, to "1".
modsdisabled        -> there, put the number "0".

Save the changes to the text file and re-start the game. See if the options are accessible. 
It didn't work ;; I went to the website and followed the instructions for the cache files, but nothing happened, option to enable CC still doesn't show up. I did the changes for Options.ini too, but it didn't help either.

ciellers
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 4
Points : 56
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIMS 4 enable CC/mods button doesn't show up.

Post by Ageha on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 14:19

@ciellers wrote:It didn't work ;; I went to the website and followed the instructions for the cache files, but nothing happened, option to enable CC still doesn't show up. I did the changes for Options.ini too, but it didn't help either.
Okay. Try to move out your entire Sims 4 folder (in Documents) and put them to Desktop. Run the game, go to options again -> and see if the options appear, if not click the restore defaults. Might be abit of a stretch but, restart your pc and then start the game again. See if the options are there. 

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1210
Points : 2162
Reputation : 176
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum