Problem with deleting unwanted DLC's. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with deleting unwanted DLC's. [SOLVED]

Post by Lesny daby on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 17:41

Hey guys i need ur help ! But first thanks for the two methodes ( first one wasn't for me because i just wanna GET RIDE of vampiresss ) i used the second nd after deleting thefiles i opened the game nd parenthood was gone too WhatDidUJustCallMe? i don't know why

Lesny daby
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims
Posts : 5
Points : 135
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with deleting unwanted DLC's. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 21:15

@Lesny daby wrote:Hey guys i need ur help ! But first thanks for the two methodes ( first one wasn't for me because i just wanna GET RIDE of vampiresss ) i used the second nd after deleting thefiles i opened the game nd parenthood was gone too WhatDidUJustCallMe? i don't know why


Hello,

Try downloading the modified RldOrigin.ini here (it has the Vampires gamepack removed):
https://goo.gl/GBVAHx

Copy/Paste it to the Game - Bin - subfolder of your The Sims 4 installation. Replace the existing file when prompted. Then you go inside your TS4 install folder again where it shows you the EP, SP, FP, GP, Data, Game, Support, etc. folders; there you rename/move out/delete the folder GP04

Try the game again after that.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14728
Points : 19531
Reputation : 2077
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with deleting unwanted DLC's. [SOLVED]

Post by Lesny daby on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 21:44

Guys i have a question !
Lets say after i opened the RLDorigin.ini file .. I found that i have 136 items in there !i deleted 2 so i should change it to 134 !
When i opened the game i found that the last one 136 ( that was parenthood) was gone too !
My question is should i change the order ?! Nd if i let 136 even though i deleted 2 dlcs is it okay ( bcz its shows deleted in the game nd it solved the essue of not having parenthood )

Lesny daby
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims
Posts : 5
Points : 135
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with deleting unwanted DLC's. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 21:51

@Lesny daby wrote:Guys i have a question !
Lets say after i opened the  RLDorigin.ini file .. I found that i have 136 items in there !i deleted 2 so i should change it to 134 !
When i opened the game i found that the last one 136 ( that was parenthood) was gone too !
My question is should i change the order ?! Nd if i let 136 even though i deleted 2 dlcs is it okay ( bcz its shows deleted in the game nd it solved the essue of not having parenthood )


Yes, maybe you accidentally deleted more than you wanted,...?

Again, I already uploaded my modified RldOrigin.ini file before, that has just the Vampires pack removed. Now that I'm thinking about it, I believe I forgot to edit the "CNT" count there, maybe it's not so important in the end?

If you delete just the Vampires-DLC, that is just ONE (1!) DLC. Therefore you should make it 137 - 1 = 136.


Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 22:23; edited 1 time in total
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14728
Points : 19531
Reputation : 2077
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with deleting unwanted DLC's. [SOLVED]

Post by Lesny daby on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 21:55

If i do this ! The parenthood will be deleted too maybe cuz i've set the number to 135 nd parenthood is the number136 ( cuz its the last one den fitness comes after nd i don't have it yet ) '..
I don't know how this works the counting thing ! But i thing if u set to 135 nd u have 136 the last one will be deleted too

Lesny daby
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims
Posts : 5
Points : 135
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with deleting unwanted DLC's. [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 21:57

I use a slightly different method:
1. Removing the unwanted folders is not necessary - unless you need the diskspace
2. Each pack consists of 3 entries in RldOrigin.ini. (GRP, IID, ENT),  To remove Vampires just put a semi-colon in front of the lines for the 3 entries of 132 and save the file.
3. When you later decide to play with vampires after all, just remove the semi-colons.

Don't change the cnt settings.
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4235
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with deleting unwanted DLC's. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 22:00

@Lesny daby wrote:If i do this ! The parenthood will be deleted too maybe cuz i've set the number to 135 nd parenthood is the number136 ( cuz its the last one den fitness comes after nd i don't have it yet ) '..
I don't know how this works the counting thing ! But i thing if u set to 135 nd u have 136 the last one will be deleted too


In my experience the number of the DLC doesn't matter. Just remove the 3 lines properly, and you're good to go. Look carefully at the original RldOrigin.ini.

IID132=SIMS4.OFF.SOLP.0x000000000002376D
ETG132=GP04_VampireWorld_0x000000000002376D:145261
GRP132=THESIMS4PC

The Vampire DLC has the "number" 132. If you delete these 3 lines, you should be fine. The "CNT" just seems to indicate the total number of DLC. What number each individual DLC has, doesn't seem important. 

Again: 137 - 1 = 136. You initially and accidentally deleted the Parenthood-lines as well. If you feel you are getting too confused by the method then try taking a step back, and start over. I don't think I can explain this in a simpler way, I'm sorry.


Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 22:23; edited 1 time in total
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14728
Points : 19531
Reputation : 2077
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with deleting unwanted DLC's. [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 22:05

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Lesny daby wrote:If i do this ! The parenthood will be deleted too maybe cuz i've set the number to 135 nd parenthood is the number136 ( cuz its the last one den fitness comes after nd i don't have it yet ) '..
I don't know how this works the counting thing ! But i thing if u set to 135 nd u have 136 the last one will be deleted too


In my experience the number of the DLC doesn't matter. Just remove the 3 lines properly, and you're good to go. Look carefully at the original RldOrigin.ini.

IID132=SIMS4.OFF.SOLP.0x000000000002376D
ETG132=GP04_VampireWorld_0x000000000002376D:145261
GRP132=THESIMS4PC

The Vampire DLC has the "number" 132. If you delete these 3 lines, you should be fine. The "CNT" just seems to indicate the total number of DLC. What number each individual DLC has, doesn't seem important. 

Again: 136 - 1 = 135. You initially and accidentally deleted the Parenthood-lines as well. If you feel you are getting too confused by the method then try taking a step back, and start over. I don't think I can explain this in a simpler way, I'm sorry.
Don't remove those 3 lines but simply place a semi-colon in front, like

;IID132=SIMS4.OFF.SOLP.0x000000000002376D
;ETG132=GP04_VampireWorld_0x000000000002376D:145261
;GRP132=THESIMS4PC

Don't change CNT either
No need to remove the folder GP04 unless you need the diskspace.

When you later decide that you want vampires anyway, simply remove the semi-colons in RldOrigin.ini and save the file
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4235
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with deleting unwanted DLC's. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 22:10

@Tarac wrote:Don't change CNT either


Yes, in the file I uploaded above I forgot to subtract "1" (i.e. I left the CNT-line intact). It seems to have made no difference, and it also seems you "only" have to make the DLC lines unreadable by either removing them or putting the semi-colon in front of them.

Maybe you don't even have to put the semicolon in front of all 3 lines in each DLC, but I didn't get to test that.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14728
Points : 19531
Reputation : 2077
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with deleting unwanted DLC's. [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 22:21

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Tarac wrote:Don't change CNT either


Yes, in the file I uploaded above I forgot to subtract "1" (i.e. I left the CNT-line intact). It seems to have made no difference, and it also seems you "only" have to make the DLC lines unreadable by either removing them or putting the semi-colon in front of them.

Maybe you don't even have to put the semicolon in front of all 3 lines in each DLC, but I didn't get to test that.
As I think that the value of CNT is used for a loop, I've put semi-colons in front of all three items to avoid assigning incorrect memory addresses by that loop.
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4235
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with deleting unwanted DLC's. [SOLVED]

Post by Lesny daby on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 22:55

Yeah better now

Lesny daby
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims
Posts : 5
Points : 135
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with deleting unwanted DLC's. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 23:04

@Lesny daby wrote:Yeah better now


Indeed, make sure not to edit the line "CNT" (credits to @Tarac for this revelation). A.k.a. leave it to the original 137. Smile
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14728
Points : 19531
Reputation : 2077
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with deleting unwanted DLC's. [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Fri 14 Jul 2017, 12:53

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Lesny daby wrote:Yeah better now


Indeed, make sure not to edit the line "CNT" (credits to @Tarac for this revelation). A.k.a. leave it to the original 137. Smile
As an extreme example, when you set CNT to 0, you'll have the base game incl. toddlers only.



Mod edit: since the OP's problem appears to be resolved now, I will close the thread.

- The_gh0stm4n
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4235
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum