CC and saves.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: CC and saves.

Post by lgrajeda on Fri 14 Jul 2017, 22:16

i uninstalled onedrive well when i played a new game no folder appeared in documents\ea but  when i removed the sims 4 from the other place and played the folder appeared in the wrong place again

lgrajeda
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Fri 14 Jul 2017, 22:22

I think the folder you need to use is the one in that was created after you started the game. For instance if the normal Documents\EA\The Sims 4 does not make a new folder when you play, then it means the game will detect your other one -> C:\Users\User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 - something like that but you get my point. 

Another way is you can change your game language to french, and a new folder 'Les Sims 4' will be created. If you saw that in wherever the folder was put into, it means that is where the game will be saved to.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lgrajeda on Fri 14 Jul 2017, 23:10

sigh even with that folder still no mods working i can make a new game and stuff and play a base game but thats about it dont know what more there is to do

lgrajeda
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : dont have one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KidDude on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 11:01

Happened to me before.
I had onedrive and it backed-up my documents folder, The game read the file in onedrive instead. It was confusing but easy Very Happy
Plus, you may find 2 documents.

They are different. The game documents might be in one of those both.
Plus there can be documents in onedrive.
KidDude
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4
Male Posts : 81

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 15:55

I think I've seen something similar once when helping another person through TeamViewer.

Some anti-virus programs "auto-sandbox" applications or parts of applications. The person I helped through TeamViewer had her Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder there. That user (and me) used to have Bitdefender antivirus. I imagine there are also other programs able to do this.

If you do have Bitdefender, look and see if you find a folder location similar or the same, to the one in my screenshot above.

If you do, move the folder "The Sims 4" back under Documents\Electronic Arts. Choose "merge folders" if needed. Then you also have to edit the Bitdefender (or other antivirus program settings) to prevent auto sandboxing. As for Bitdefender it's been too long, and I haven't even used it that much. You may need to do additional research on your own in that case.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13922

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lgrajeda on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 17:22

no dont have bitefender but ill try the merge see if that works

lgrajeda
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 17:25

@lgrajeda wrote:I'll try the merge see if that works

If you don't have Bitdefender you most likely won't have the folder path from my screenshot though...what you could do is to search your entire C: drive, if there is another such folder, "elsewhere".

Search the C: drive for the folder cachestr. It only shows up in your The Sims 4-documents folder. If you find it elsewhere on your system, it's an indicator for the theory I proposed before.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lgrajeda on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 20:49

well i found it in another sims4 document folder thats inside another folder called boxroot

//EDIT

same file in the screen shot

lgrajeda
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 22:40

@lgrajeda wrote:well i found it in another sims4 document folder thats inside another folder called boxroot

//EDIT

same file in the screen shot

Have you been able to determine what program on your computer could have created this folder location? I googled a little, but could only find "Sandboxie", and I'm not even sure if that is even a real program.

Have you also tried moving/merging the folder back to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lgrajeda on Sun 16 Jul 2017, 00:11

no no idea where it comes from when i delete it and then start a new game the file comes back when i move that folder back to the proper documents sims4 folder it wont read it anymore and just make another in its own file when i play again

lgrajeda
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lgrajeda on Sun 16 Jul 2017, 00:18

the boxroot folder is faded out too witch is strange. here the name of the folder  C:\BOXRoot\HarddiskVolume4\Users\Laura\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4    it keeps comeing back no matter mow meany time i delete it. i woudnt mind that the game is in this folder if it let me use my mods. it kind of picks up my saves but i cant retrieve them. i dont mind if i have to start a new game if i had to but would like to use my mods for the game that i play

lgrajeda
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 17:26

Is the boxroot folder something 'real' or is that like a virtual thing? Since merging your folders, are you now able to load the saves correctly? If yes, then stick to that method. Regarding your mods, open up your resource.cfg and see if it's empty or not. If it is, then put these lines inside:
Code:
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package

PackedFile */*.package

PackedFile */*/*.package

PackedFile */*/*/*.package

PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package

PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package
My Windows 10 actually am able to detect the saves and mods properly so I'm not sure if it's because of the many folders that the Sim 4 appeared in? 

What about changing the default folder of 'storage' to the ones that detects the Sims 4 files? Will it work? Though this method will affect every other applications or software that uses the Documents folder to store things. You can try to change it if you like.

• Go to C:\Users\User 
  • Right-click the Documents folder -> Properties and go to the 'Location' tab.
  • You can edit the values in there to where the sims 4 detect the files

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1051

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lgrajeda on Tue 18 Jul 2017, 01:39

resource already has thows lines,  i changed document folder location to see if that wold work but the  game just made a public folder to put it in and the game still a base game

lgrajeda
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 15:23

Oh dear,

Unfortunately, at this point I don't have any other suggestions. Perhaps you can try asking the ea sims forum BUT do not mention that your game is pirated. If you do, those people won't help you even with a simple yes/no question.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1051

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum