Another The sims 3 serious error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Another The sims 3 serious error.

Post by Teralyna on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 13:43

I have this exact same problem. I spent several days trying to crack this one to no avail. My system meets all of the specs. I read many forums about this issue here and on the internet. Nothing at all worked. Every town got the serious error on load up; every save was corrupted. I couldn't play past when I shut down the Sims period. So I decided to do an experiment. Here is what I did:

I uninstalled Sims 3 entirely with all of the expansion packs (manually). After this, I installed the Sims 3 base game. I tried to play a game and save it. When I loaded it, it worked fine. So I installed WA and it updated itself. I saved it and it loaded just fine. I installed Ambitions and Night Life, and they all saved and all loaded just fine. Then I installed Pets.

When I install Pets, it tells me that the expansion doesn't match my current base game version (or something of that note)...basically that I need to upgrade to version 1.29. So I do what I have to do. After I'm done, I play the game, save it...and I get that same "Serious Error" message that I've come to loathe.

I then uninstalled (manually) the Base Game and all of the expansions. I decided to try just out of curiousity -- I installed the Base Game and immediately upgraded it to v. 1.29. When I saved a game and tried to load it, Viola...Serious Error.

I don't know if this helps. I really hope that you can use this to come up with something. It seems to be with the version upgrade itself. I'm enjoying playing all of my expansions up to Nightlife right now. I really, really want to play Pets though.

Oh...I don't have any custom content at all, either -- just the base game and the expansions. I don't know. If you do find a solution to this problem, please do post it here. Smile

Teralyna
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 13:49

@Teralyna wrote:I have this exact same problem. I spent several days trying to crack this one to no avail. My system meets all of the specs. I read many forums about this issue here and on the internet. Nothing at all worked. Every town got the serious error on load up; every save was corrupted. I couldn't play past when I shut down the Sims period. So I decided to do an experiment. Here is what I did:

I uninstalled Sims 3 entirely with all of the expansion packs (manually). After this, I installed the Sims 3 base game. I tried to play a game and save it. When I loaded it, it worked fine. So I installed WA and it updated itself. I saved it and it loaded just fine. I installed Ambitions and Night Life, and they all saved and all loaded just fine. Then I installed Pets.

When I install Pets, it tells me that the expansion doesn't match my current base game version (or something of that note)...basically that I need to upgrade to version 1.29. So I do what I have to do. After I'm done, I play the game, save it...and I get that same "Serious Error" message that I've come to loathe.

I then uninstalled (manually) the Base Game and all of the expansions. I decided to try just out of curiousity -- I installed the Base Game and immediately upgraded it to v. 1.29. When I saved a game and tried to load it, Viola...Serious Error.

I don't know if this helps. I really hope that you can use this to come up with something. It seems to be with the version upgrade itself. I'm enjoying playing all of my expansions up to Nightlife right now. I really, really want to play Pets though.

Oh...I don't have any custom content at all, either -- just the base game and the expansions. I don't know. If you do find a solution to this problem, please do post it here. Smile

Hello,
Actually, Pets updates your game to 1.26, so you should be able to avoid version 1.29 and use the crack that came with the Pets file. Its worth a try.
On a side note: I have read many complaints about the 1.29 patch, it appears to be very buggy. EA stooping to a new low, their patches need to be patched. What a joke.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teralyna on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 14:01

I apologize for the double post too. Blah. Anyhow, my game is uploaded to 1.26. It won't let me play until I upgrade to 1.29...unless you know something I don't (which wouldn't be too surprising) Wink

Teralyna
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 14:04

Hello,
Well that is weird because updating isn't mandatory, you're supposed to be able to decline the update.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teralyna on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 14:05

When I first try to install pets...even before entering the serial key code...it does an automatic update thing. It did that for every expansion so far.

Teralyna
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 14:06

Hello,
That's correct, but the update installed during the installation of Pets is 1.26. The 1.29 update came out just a few weeks ago.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teralyna on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 14:08

Ah...so version 1.26 isn't working for my pc either...nor 1.29. How do I check what version I am currently using?

Teralyna
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 14:18

Hello,
If you open the game launcher, and hover over the base game icon in the lower left corner, you'll see your game version.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teralyna on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 14:26

Ah, ok. I have base version 1.17 then. I wonder if I should be afraid of installing Generations. About EA and their wonderfulness -- I contacted their live help on the website to try and sort this (I actually gave money to these people). The best they had was to link me to a page that told me how to manually uninstall Pets. *thumbs up to EA*

Thank you so much for responding so quickly to my posts. Games4theworld is just that awesome. Smile

Teralyna
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 14:29

Hello,
Generations is version 1.24, you could try installing it, not updating any further and using the crack that came with the Generations file, now see if your game works.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teralyna on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 14:34

I'll give it a try. I'm afraid of having to uninstall everything. I guess at least I can back up my save files.

I dunno, I hope the common denominator isn't a 2. I tried everything, even what I found on the forums here. I really just gave up. I bought Pets though.

If anything can be done about this, please let me know on this thread Even if I didn't want to hold out for a solution and give Pets back to EA, I'm sure they wouldn't take it.

Teralyna
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Another The sims 3 serious error.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 14:43

Hello,
Don't give up yet. There's more to look into. Are you using mods/cc (other than store updates)?
Also, check to find out if your pc meets the new requirements for Pets here.

Meanwhile, I'm splitting our discussion into a new post, that's easier to keep track of.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teralyna on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 09:50

I checked the site that you linked to, and it said that my pc passed the requirements to run this program. I don't have any custom content either. I tried to open up msconfig and disable the start up and the services (clicking the hide the files button). No dice.

I did try to install Generations. It installed fine. When I saved a game and tried to load it, same thing. I don't know what I haven't tried really.

Teralyna
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:33

Hello,
If you go to C:\Documents and Settings\Your PC\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves, inside you'll find folders for each save game. But in addition to a folder for each save game, there should also be a folder called yoursavegame.sims3.backup.
What you could try is renaming this back up folder. First, rename the original folder to something like yoursavegamebad.sims3, now rename the backup folder. Take out the .backup part. Now start your game, see if your town loads.
Its a good idea to backup the entire saves folder before doing this. Copying it to another location should do it.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teralyna on Sat 14 Jan 2012, 11:19

I've tried that before. I tried it again as well, but to no avail. What I'm pondering now is a possible conflict with my video card? It sounds completely unrelated, but I read somewhere that this was the problem someone else had. I have NVidia GeForce GT 525M and stuff. It doesn't at all seem like it should cause this. Again, EA had mentioned something about bugs with the NVidia card and strongly recommended to upgrade it. I guess -- logical or not -- it definitely can't hurt to upgrade my video card, yea?

Teralyna
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 14 Jan 2012, 18:50

Hello,
Its always a good idea to make sure your video drivers are up to date.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teralyna on Sun 15 Jan 2012, 03:45

Yep, I updated my video driver. Still no breakthrough with this problem though. I installed pets again, and it started to give me the serious error message. I had to uninstall and reinstall everything again. I really don't know what else I can do.

Teralyna
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 15 Jan 2012, 09:38

Hello,
You could ask Admin to have a look with teamviewer when he's online.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 15 Jan 2012, 10:56

@Teralyna wrote:Yep, I updated my video driver. Still no breakthrough with this problem though. I installed pets again, and it started to give me the serious error message. I had to uninstall and reinstall everything again. I really don't know what else I can do.
Hello,

Serious error when you start the launcher, right?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum