Not being able to change the Graphics Rules.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not being able to change the Graphics Rules.

Post by meesvl on Tue 18 Jul 2017, 23:19

I tried starting up the Sims 2, I followed the guide and everything, but everytime I tried I just ended up getting the DirectX 9 error. I read on the forum that I should change certain things in Graphics Rules.sgr , but every time I try to save, it says I don't have the authority/permission (I have a Dutch laptop, I don't know how it translates to English) to open the file. 

Here's what it looks like:

so yea what do I do now? 
btw the crack file is in the right location so that can't be it.

meesvl
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Skyrim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not being able to change the Graphics Rules.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 00:02

@meesvl wrote:I tried starting up the Sims 2, I followed the guide and everything, but everytime I tried I just ended up getting the DirectX 9 error. I read on the forum that I should change certain things in Graphics Rules.sgr , but every time I try to save, it says I don't have the authority/permission (I have a Dutch laptop, I don't know how it translates to English) to open the file. 

Here's what it looks like:

so yea what do I do now? 
btw the crack file is in the right location so that can't be it.

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

I suppose the easiest way is for you to right-click on this file and go under "Properties". In the tab that says "general", look down below for a box named "Read-only". Make sure that the box is UNMARKED. See my own example.

Not from the exact same file as yours, but in principle this applies to almost any file. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13886

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum