"The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 [World Adventures/Ambitions/Late Night/Generations/Seasons/University Life]”

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 [World Adventures/Ambitions/Late Night/Generations/Seasons/University Life]”

Post by heave_ho on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 00:50

I'm trying to install The Sims 3 and some expansion packs. I've been following the games4theworld Sims 3 Mac Installation Guide exactly. I managed to install the base game, but for all the expansion packs I've tried to install I've gotten the error in the title of this post. I've seen some other posts about this error, but they all seem to say that they've managed to get some expansion packs installed, it's just this one that won't work--whereas for me, I'm getting this same error for all the expansion packs I've tried to install. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do about this?

If it matters I'm running Capitan 10.11.6. If other info about my system would be helpful I can provide it. Thanks for any help!

heave_ho
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 [World Adventures/Ambitions/Late Night/Generations/Seasons/University Life]”

Post by nnyeon on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 02:01

@heave_ho wrote:I'm trying to install The Sims 3 and some expansion packs. I've been following the games4theworld Sims 3 Mac Installation Guide exactly. I managed to install the base game, but for all the expansion packs I've tried to install I've gotten the error in the title of this post. I've seen some other posts about this error, but they all seem to say that they've managed to get some expansion packs installed, it's just this one that won't work--whereas for me, I'm getting this same error for all the expansion packs I've tried to install. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do about this?

If it matters I'm running Capitan 10.11.6. If other info about my system would be helpful I can provide it. Thanks for any help!

Hi, have you tried applying the manual patch first before installing the expansions?
give it a go and let us know Smile

nnyeon
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims

View user profile http://rayquaza.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: "The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 [World Adventures/Ambitions/Late Night/Generations/Seasons/University Life]”

Post by heave_ho on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 09:16

Ah, I should have thought of that before making this post! I've since applied the manual patch, and now everything seems to be working fine. Thanks!

One follow-up question: Do I still need to keep the games' .dmg files on my computer after I've installed everything? They take up a lot of space, so it would be nice if I could delete them, but I don't know if the games depend on any data stored there to run (being that they were the source of the installations). I hope this isn't too stupid a question, but I still don't really know my way around Macs and this is all pretty new to me.

heave_ho
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 10:06

After a succesful installation (incl. crack) you can delete the .dmg files
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2053

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by zara_ on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 21:36

Do you mind sharing how you got it to work on your Mac? I've been trying different ways to have it installed but either there's an error or it will cause my Mac to restart.

zara_
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by heave_ho on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 01:15

Other than applying the manual patch, there weren't really any tricks I used or anything like that, because I followed the g4tw guide pretty much every step of the way. I used the g4tw Sims 3 complete collection and Stuffit expander, doing everything as the guide said up until I had gotten the base game installed. Then because I kept getting the error in the title of this post when I tried to install the EPs, I downloaded and ran the manual patch file. Then I was able to install the EPs I wanted as well, again doing everything as it said in the guide. Then I applied the crack, also following the guide's instructions, and I haven't had any problems. So if you're already using the guide, I don't know how much help I can be, sorry.

heave_ho
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nnyeon on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 03:03

@heave_ho wrote:Ah, I should have thought of that before making this post! I've since applied the manual patch, and now everything seems to be working fine. Thanks!

One follow-up question: Do I still need to keep the games' .dmg files on my computer after I've installed everything? They take up a lot of space, so it would be nice if I could delete them, but I don't know if the games depend on any data stored there to run (being that they were the source of the installations). I hope this isn't too stupid a question, but I still don't really know my way around Macs and this is all pretty new to me.
im glad it worked out for you Smile

nnyeon
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by nnyeon on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 03:06

@zara_ wrote:Do you mind sharing how you got it to work on your Mac? I've been trying different ways to have it installed but either there's an error or it will cause my Mac to restart.
Hi there. if you're still having trouble, maybe you can look at the guide on how i made it work personally here. good luck.

nnyeon
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by greenwowA on Sat 29 Jul 2017, 12:39

@nnyeon wrote:
@heave_ho wrote:I'm trying to install The Sims 3 and some expansion packs. I've been following the games4theworld Sims 3 Mac Installation Guide exactly. I managed to install the base game, but for all the expansion packs I've tried to install I've gotten the error in the title of this post. I've seen some other posts about this error, but they all seem to say that they've managed to get some expansion packs installed, it's just this one that won't work--whereas for me, I'm getting this same error for all the expansion packs I've tried to install. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do about this?

Hi, have you tried applying the manual patch first before installing the expansions?
Hey! How do I access the manual patch and how do I apply it?

Thank you!

greenwowA
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Sat 29 Jul 2017, 13:14

@greenwowA wrote:
@nnyeon wrote:

Thank you!
When it's for a Mac, Look here
https://games4theworld.org/guides/
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2053

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by greenwowA on Sat 29 Jul 2017, 17:51

@Tarac wrote:
@greenwowA wrote:
@nnyeon wrote:

Thank you!
When it's for a Mac, Look here
https://games4theworld.org/guides/
The Mac guide doesnt mention a patch though

greenwowA
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by heave_ho on Sat 29 Jul 2017, 21:15

There's a sticky link to the manual patch in the 'fixes (Mac)' section of the forum.

heave_ho
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by greenwowA on Sun 30 Jul 2017, 00:48

@heave_ho wrote:There's a sticky link to the manual patch in the 'fixes (Mac)' section of the forum.
Do I have to do the manual patch in combination with the ultimate fix if im downloading the 'complete sims 3' thing and following its instructions for mac?

greenwowA
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by heave_ho on Sun 30 Jul 2017, 21:15

My installation worked installing just the manual patch and not the ultimate fix.

heave_ho
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum