The Sims crashes/freezes during loading Windows 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims crashes/freezes during loading Windows 10

Post by thepiiman on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 07:51

I have recently just installed the Sims 4 and expansions for the game. After solving a few issues such as "origin needs to be running" I have finally been able to start the Sims 4 on a regular basis.

However, whenever I start the game up it freezes on the loading screen. 

I have deleted all my saved data and do not have any custom content installed. When I delete the saved folder (C -> USER - > Me -> Documents -> Electronic Arts) the game loads and walks me through all of the expansions and content that the Sims 4 has. However whenever X out of the notifications the game again freezes. I never can actually get to options or the home screen

I know my PC can handle the game

thepiiman
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims crashes/freezes during loading Windows 10

Post by Ageha on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 19:40

Hello there,

Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode? Or start in windowed mode so you can alt+Tab in case it freeze again. Also, check out the thread here for possible solutions regarding the crashes.

• Are your drivers up to date?

• Check your AMD/NVIDIA drivers as well and update them.
  • Try to start the game with TS4_x64.exe and vice versa.
  • Do you have any lastCrash_#### or lastException_### (with numbers behind them.)? 

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thepiiman on Sat 22 Jul 2017, 01:28

@Ageha

Yes I have went through this entire thread to insure that I exhuasted all options before posting (been trying to fix this for a good 12 hours).

All my drivers are up to date, same with NVIDIA.

I have tried running both TS4_x64 and just the TS4 application in different compatible window versions and every time times it freezes right before it loads the home page screen. I have determined this because if I delete all the saved data it runs me through the DLC I have and as soon as I click the last DLC "x" it freezes. 

It doesn't crash but just freezes, I do not know how to get the lastCrash_#### though to share with you.

thepiiman
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Sat 22 Jul 2017, 01:38

The last DLC meaning Parenthood right? Or did the Fitness stuff appear as well? (Sorry since I forgot). Or unless of course you did not install till Parenthood. Have you tried re-installing the game and see if it freezes again? Though, I'd suggest if you wanted to, test out the game pack by pack so that the pop-ups won't appear all at once.

There's no need to test the base game, just start with Get to Work and work from there. For the lastCrash/Exception, you can find them in Documents\EA\The Sims 4, though if you have or saw it, preferably send me the ones with numbers behind. 

Also, if your game is not up to date (1.31), I'd recommend you to update them AFTER re-installing the game.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thepiiman on Sat 22 Jul 2017, 03:13

So uninstalled and reinstalled the game, it seems to be freezing once I install Get Together, it worked fine with the base game and Get To Work but it froze once the next expansion was installed.

thepiiman
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Sat 22 Jul 2017, 03:30

Try to re-download the Get Together torrent and make sure you've done all the exclusions for this new download. 

When it freezes, does it crash to desktop? Or you had to kill it in task manager? Also, recently a simmer found out she had more than one storage for the sims 4. Try to see if yours is the same and then delete the folder as well.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum