Origin error when starting up the Sims 4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin error when starting up the Sims 4?

Post by Cute_Simmer on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 17:10

Hello, first off all, i would like to get a reply as soon as i can. So when i first installed The Sims 4 i was excited because i couldnt buy the original game ( I installed the games4theworld sims 4 version ) And whenever i opened it up i would get an error, but when i turn off my computer and enter the game i could play it. So then i played a little of the base game, then i installed the sims 4 get to work dlc. I did all the steps that were in the instructions, then shortly i would still get the error but it was the same with the base game problem so i ended up playing it with no errors, and smooth running. So then i went to install the sims 4 get together expansion pack. I did everything in the instructions, including the part for me to move The Sims 4 folder out of the Electronic Arts folder, so then i did that, but when i wanted to enter and play the game i got the ''This shortcut was moved'' error, eventually i fixed it by changing the location via the ''properties'' When that worked,i was so excited and then i needed to confirm my enterance into the game, i confirmed, then after a while i would get a black screen and the ''sims 4'' mouse loading, then i would get the sound of an error, exit out of the black screen and then this would appear:

Unable to start:

Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running 
before attempting to play The Sims 4

[d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000]






I would really like if this got solved, thank you in advance

Cute_Simmer
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 3
Points : 33
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin error when starting up the Sims 4?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 19:11

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Did you make sure to move your install folder "The Sims 4" either under C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86) ? Also, would you mind explaining this here a bit more? Smile

@Cute_Simmer wrote:(...) i was so excited and then i needed to confirm my enterance into the game, i confirmed, then after a while i would get a black screen and the ''sims 4'' mouse loading, then i would get the sound of an error, exit out of the black screen and then this would appear:

What do you mean by "confirm entrance to the game"? To my knowledge there is no special "confirmation". You just double-click on the TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe (or the desktop shortcut), then after a little while you would get to the main title screen.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14062
Points : 18653
Reputation : 1978
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin error when starting up the Sims 4?

Post by Cute_Simmer on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 13:26

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Did you make sure to move your install folder "The Sims 4" either under C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86) ? Also, would you mind explaining this here a bit more? Smile

@Cute_Simmer wrote:(...) i was so excited and then i needed to confirm my enterance into the game, i confirmed, then after a while i would get a black screen and the ''sims 4'' mouse loading, then i would get the sound of an error, exit out of the black screen and then this would appear:

What do you mean by "confirm entrance to the game"? To my knowledge there is no special "confirmation". You just double-click on the TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe (or the desktop shortcut), then after a little while you would get to the main title screen.
Okay so let me start from the beginning. I started installing the base game of The Sims 4, then i played it but i DID NOT move it from electronic arts ( i did later on, but ill get to that part soon ) So then i installed the first ''Get to work'' DLC. I did everything the ''tutorial'' told me to do, i would still get errors when i try to open it as i would with only the base game, but i would still get to play it normally, without it lagging. So then i was really excited about the dlc working and i went ahead and installed the ''Get together'' DLC. I followed all the instructions and ONLY WHEN I INSTALLED THE GET TOGETHER DLC IT SAID TO MOVE IT FROM THE ELECTRONIC ARTS FOLDER TO C: PROGRAM FILES (x86) ( i wrote this in caps because its really important) And then i did everything that the dlc instructions asked me to do. When i tried to enter the game i would get an error saying that the shortcut was moved so it will not work properly and windows asked me to delete it, but i didnt. So a few days passed and i tried almost everything, looking for solutions for it.. So then an idea popped up in my head which might be causing this but i am really not sure.. So then i right-clicked the shortcut, went into ''Properties'' and changed the main two ''Location'' ( I dont know what its called but there are two ''boxes'' and u can enter the location in there ) So i tried everything there, and then i deleted the ''Electronic Arts'' folder from both of the ''Locations'' on my desktop, i tried to enter, and it would ask me to confirm the entrance to the game ( I dont know why, but it was literally like i was entering some kind of virus so windows asked me if i want to enter it ) And when i clicked ''yes'' on the confirmation i would get the black screen like the actual Sims 4 is loading and then the error sound, get kicked out of the black screen to my desktop saying the Origin error that i described in my first post, i tried to find other ''Origin errors'' On this site but every single error would have the different ''Numbers and letters'' at the end of the error so i really didnt know what to do, so now i started installing City Living, but i dont know if i should install it to my game if i need to re-install it, so please could you help at this issue? I cant enter the game at all and i can only get to a black screen, and i only have ''Kind of'' 2 dlc's, the first one being Get To Work, and the second one i guess ''Get together'' ( even tho get together caused the error ), And also when it kicks me out to my desktop and sends me the origin error, origin opens up and whenever i try to close it it wont close at all and it keeps re-opening. I hope this helped and if you need more detail i would be glad to explain. Also thank you for the really quick reply

Cute_Simmer
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 3
Points : 33
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin error when starting up the Sims 4?

Post by Ageha on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 19:57

Let me try to break down your current problem.


  1. Origin Error Pop-ups
  2. Errors (?) after installing GTW -> I'm assuming it's not related to the origin error though?
  3. Shortcut error

Well, the first thing we need to know is what error did you encounter during the GTW, or rather after installing the DLC. And it seems you mention you have an error as well when trying to run the base game, but was 'solved' after you restart the pc. Origin error wise, you need to make sure that windows defender and anti-virus (make sure to check if you have more than one) are either disabled OR you have exclude the files/folders in the list.


For the shortcut error, rather than ignoring it, you can delete the shortcut on desktop, and simply create a new one by right-clicking the .exe and send to Desktop. Or, you can run the game straight from the Game/Bin. And like The_gh0stm4n mentioned, you can try to move your Sims 4 installation folder to Program Files instead if the Origin error still pops up.


And back to Origin, make sure you actually do not have it open, or installed when running the game. If you are using Origin however for other games, check the Task Manager to see if the program is running in the background.


PS: Try to separate your sentences to paragraph next time. I'm sorry but my eyesight is actually not good at all and prefer to read them in 'breaks'. Thanks in advance.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1174
Points : 2120
Reputation : 173
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin error when starting up the Sims 4?

Post by Cute_Simmer on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 12:34

@Ageha wrote:Let me try to break down your current problem.


  1. Origin Error Pop-ups
  2. Errors (?) after installing GTW -> I'm assuming it's not related to the origin error though?
  3. Shortcut error

Well, the first thing we need to know is what error did you encounter during the GTW, or rather after installing the DLC. And it seems you mention you have an error as well when trying to run the base game, but was 'solved' after you restart the pc. Origin error wise, you need to make sure that windows defender and anti-virus (make sure to check if you have more than one) are either disabled OR you have exclude the files/folders in the list.


For the shortcut error, rather than ignoring it, you can delete the shortcut on desktop, and simply create a new one by right-clicking the .exe and send to Desktop. Or, you can run the game straight from the Game/Bin. And like The_gh0stm4n mentioned, you can try to move your Sims 4 installation folder to Program Files instead if the Origin error still pops up.


And back to Origin, make sure you actually do not have it open, or installed when running the game. If you are using Origin however for other games, check the Task Manager to see if the program is running in the background.


PS: Try to separate your sentences to paragraph next time. I'm sorry but my eyesight is actually not good at all and prefer to read them in 'breaks'. Thanks in advance.

Okay, so let me start from the base game itself. When i installed it, i got errors. But when i restart my computer and not go on google ( Basically it had to be the first thing that i enter when i enter my computer ) It would run fine, so then i played the base game a little.


Now for the Get To Work DLC. I installed it, and i installed it to my game, played it a little and then i exited the game. I would get the same error as when i had the base game, i would solve it by doing all the steps that i mentioned above.


After that, i became really excited because of the dlc working and then i installed the ''Get Together'' DLC. I did all the instructions which included to MOVE MY SIMS 4 FOLDER OUT OF ELECTRONIC ARTS TO PROGRAM FILES x86 ( In caps because it is important ) So i did that after i got the get together DLC, i dont know if it was a mistake. Then when ever i would try to enter the base game, it would say that the shortcut is broken, and that windows wants to delete it. Did the same when i entered the game in any folder ect.


So i fixed that by right-clicking the game, going into Properties and changing the ''Target'' ( I just deleted the EA folder from the target ) and i changed the ''Start in'' ( I did the same like i did with the target ) And clicked okay.


So now whenever i try to enter it, windows asks for my confirmation to enter it, and when i confirm, i get a black screen, get kicked out and get the origin error

( I explained everything that i did in the post )

Now for the first thing, the error that would pop up during the Get Together DLC was that my shortcut of ''The Sims 4'' was broken, and windows tried to delete it ( I explained above that i kind of solved that ) Also, i did not have any errors with the GTW DLC, i had the same one as the base game error, i was still able to play TS4 

For my anti-virus, ill admit not having it disabled during the installation of any dlc's, not even the base game. But the base game and the Get to Work DLC worked and i could play them normally. 


''Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\  ; if there's a folder called "The Sims 4" in there, select it and MOVE it to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\ . If you don't do this, you will get errors while running the game.'' << The Get Together installation guide.

So when i moved my folder for the first time after i installed get together, i would get the shortcut error, so when i tried fixing it, it would just make it worse.


For the shortcut error solution, i changed the properties in the game so i think that i will get the same error even if i delte the old shortcuts, and send a new one to desktop from the game.


And for Origin, i did not check the Task Manager, i clicked on ''Quit Origin'' and it would exit. So when i tried entering the game again with Origin closed, i would once again get the black screen, and the error that i cant play TS4 when Origin isnt running, when i clicked out of the error, Origin would pop up.

Sorry that i did not reply earlier and sorry if this confused you, i hope this can get solved soon.

Cute_Simmer
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 3
Points : 33
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin error when starting up the Sims 4?

Post by Tarac on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 12:52

The Origin error has 4 causes:
1. Origin is ACTIVE somewhere on your computer
2. Your install folder is still in Electronic Arts or in Origin Games - or - you copied the install folder to a new location instead of MOVING it.
3. You did not make a shortcut from the new location or you MOVED or COPIED the file TS4.exe (or TS4_x64.exe) to your desktop instead of creating a shortcut.
4. The crack RldOrigin.dll has been set in quarantaine by your anti-virus program.

To check the correct working of your shortcut:
Rightclick on it and select Open File Location (or something simular - my Windows is in Dutch, so had to translate it). Usually it is between the Option Open and Open as Administrator
You should then be lead to either TS4 or TS4_x64 in the folder Game of your install folder The Sims 4.
In case you don't see the option Open File Location your shortcut is NOT a shortcut but a copy of the file.
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 1993
Points : 3811
Reputation : 321
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum