"Origin is not running etc". [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Origin is not running etc". [SOLVED]

Post by Eithanol on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 07:51

Hey there,

I did not exclude my game before installing it with windows defender ergo it gives me the good ol pop up of "Origin is not running etc". Is there by any chance a way to fix it without having to reinstall the game and all its DLC(its took me around 4 hours).

It's not in my ea folder and there is a shortcut to my desktop so i'm pretty certain that windows defender is my issue.
My account is literally 0 days old. Razz

I really hope I haven't wasted 4 hours of my life.

Toda/תודה/ Thanks.

Eithanol
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Battlefield, GTA, Sims, Bully, Red dead redemption etc.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Origin is not running etc". [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 13:14

When you have everything installed, incl. Fitness, you can use the NEW GAME FOLDER.

Extract with Winrar, DELETE existing Game folder from your install folder and add the new Game folder
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2010

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

"Origin is not running etc".

Post by Eithanol on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 17:57

I fear the error is still persistent.
What else can I do?
Thanks.

Mod edit: posts separated into a new thread.

- The_gh0stm4n

Eithanol
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 21:37

@Eithanol wrote:I fear the error is still persistent.
What else can I do?
Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Did you make sure to move your installation folder of The Sims 4, either under C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86)?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eithanol on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 22:25

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Eithanol wrote:I fear the error is still persistent.
What else can I do?
Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Did you make sure to move your installation folder of The Sims 4, either under C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86)?
@The_gh0stm4n
Yes I have, and it's not in the EA folder so I don't really know what is causing this problem. I have also disabled WiFi when trying to access the game to avoid any error. Is there any solution?
Thanks.

//EDIT

This is about the sims 4 and do not understand why it is at the sims 3 section. I'm new to this forum don't blame me.

So, after searching for approximately 20 hours in a period of 4 days I have finally surrendered to the origin error. I've downloaded 3 different pirated versions of the game. Skidrow reloaded, G4TW version, and finally fit girls version which is suspect is the same as skidrow's version. My game either tells me origin is currently not running or start the game as admin. When I start the game as admin, soon my screen goes white for a brief period of 2 seconds and then black. After my screen going dark, approximately 5 seconds later it kicks me of the running software says "Origin is currently not running etc". My game is excluded by firewall and windows defender. My Mcafee anti virus trial has expired so I don't really have an AV program. The curious thing is that my sister downloaded the same game file (fitgirl's game) yet, it worked for her and not for me. We used the same extractor and my laptop is even better than her's. I find odd that my screen goes black as at least no one has commented on this. My game is in programs files 86x yet in 64 bit program files it doesn't seem to work either. My windows version is of 64 bits by the way. My game is not in an Electronic Arts folder and I do not have any mods installed. I do not have any mods installed and my CCs are currently running fine. I have tried with G4TW ultimate fix yet I haven't been successful. I have even installed another "game" folder to re establish the crack yet it hasn't worked. I have searched on youtube the fix and it tells me to install different programs and "solutions" although I have been pirating game since 2008, I know a thing or two about computers and hence wont trust an unknown user with my laptop. This is a new laptop I have by the way. It seems like the game tries to run yet instantly crashes for the lack of origin. My laptop by the way does not have origin as it is new. I won't also install origin as I don't trust EA Razz

I hope someone can actually help.
Thanks.

Eithanol
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Sat 22 Jul 2017, 17:58

Your McAfree trial has expired: That only means that McAfee won't be updated anymore, but the present state of it is still active.

Why not use zclient/ZLOrigin for the Sims 4 ?
No problems updating, no problems with anti-virus.
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2010

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 22 Jul 2017, 20:37

//MERGED

@Eithanol, please stick to the topics you already opened (instead of opening a new thread). You can find the posts you already made/the topics you already opened if you click in the top right corner where it says "Welcome [Eithanol]" and then "My posts/My topics".

Apart from that, yes, feel free to try zlOrigin. In my experience though, in 9 out of 10 cases this is due to "security software" interfering. Sometimes it can also be caused by Lavasoft's "Web Companion", in which case you should consider uninstalling it.

As for regular antivirus software, if you cannot seem to succeed by configuring exclusions, you will have to consider uninstalling that software, and maybe switching to something else.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eithanol on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 18:21

ZLorigin works amazingly! 

I have no problems using it. It is very easy to use as I understand a little bit of russian but there are also english texts for those who speak english only. It's not that hard to learn. At the start it's quite hard to get used to, but when you start to follow track of it, it works muy perfecto(I also speak spanish). Recommend it to everyone. It's better than downloading a sims 4 crack as you can also get games like mass effect, battlefield etc. As said before it is great and useful. Thanks and don't doubt in downloading it. Thank you Tarac and Carlos.

Eithanol
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 18:56

@Eithanol wrote:(...) and Carlos.

How do you know that is my first name (if it's not a state secret to ask)? Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eithanol on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 19:19

Let's say i'm not that new to Games for the world. I might be a new user yet I've been watching G4TW for cracks etc since 2013. To be honest, anyone who hath ever looked for cracks on the sims and does not know thy first name must live under a rock  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Eithanol
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 19:23

@Eithanol wrote:Let's say i'm not that new to Games for the world. I might be a new user yet I've been watching G4TW for cracks etc since 2013. To be honest, anyone who hath ever looked for cracks on the sims and does not know thy first name must live under a rock  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Yes, I figured something similar. Smile  I guess I was surprised mainly due to your current account being rather new. I used to post on here under the name, and if you read up on older threads where people quote my stuff, you can still find that name. 

Other than that, glad to hear your original problem seems solved! Feel free to open a new topic if you need more help in the future; since this issue seems resolved, I will close this and mark it as solved. Have fun with the game!

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum