Searching for the previous ultimate fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Searching for the previous ultimate fix

Post by samanthic on Sat 22 Jul 2017, 23:49

Hi community ! 

Special request tonight: I just applied the ultimate fix to get the 1.31.37.1020 version of the Sims 4 game, and impatient that I am I didn't fully read the instructions (yeah, boo me), and accidently "replaced" instead of "merge" the folders contained in the ultimate fix, and now my game can't start, notifying me a "TS4.exe error" when I try to launch it. Now I'm trying to retrieve the previous version of the ultimate fix that has been launched here, since it's the last one that I applied to my folders. Can someone help ?


Thanks a lot ! Smile

samanthic
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 6
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Searching for the previous ultimate fix

Post by Tarac on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 11:25

You'll have to re-install the base game and then do the update in the correct manner.
Bear in mind that this update is for the Base game only and should not be used when you also want expansions.
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2049
Points : 3883
Reputation : 330
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Searching for the previous ultimate fix

Post by samanthic on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 13:49

I was afraid of that, thanks for your answer. I do have all the DLC but I understood that it was only to update the base game. 

Thanks!

samanthic
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 6
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Searching for the previous ultimate fix

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 14:06

@samanthic wrote:I was afraid of that, thanks for your answer. I do have all the DLC but I understood that it was only to update the base game. 

Thanks!


You can also find previous downloads in the News-section here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/f34-latest-games4theworld-news-editorials

Look at the topic titles, and from there pick what you need. And while in your case I didn't quite understand what exactly went wrong, and why you would need to apply an older fix, it may be indeed an idea to start over. Smile
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091
Points : 18698
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Searching for the previous ultimate fix

Post by samanthic on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 14:13

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@samanthic wrote:I was afraid of that, thanks for your answer. I do have all the DLC but I understood that it was only to update the base game. 

Thanks!


You can also find previous downloads in the News-section here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/f34-latest-games4theworld-news-editorials

Look at the topic titles, and from there pick what you need. And while in your case I didn't quite understand what exactly went wrong, and why you would need to apply an older fix, it may be indeed an idea to start over. Smile
 Thank you very much !  I finally got what you meant Tarac (I'm french so..) I did applied the patch to my Sims 4 base game but it doesn't work if you have DLC installed as well is that it ? If yes, well, I crashed my own game... IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

samanthic
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 6
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Searching for the previous ultimate fix

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 14:24

@samanthic wrote: Thank you very much !  I finally got what you meant Tarac (I'm french so..) I did applied the patch to my Sims 4 base game but it doesn't work if you have DLC installed as well is that it ? If yes, well, I crashed my own game... IAmSoHappyEmergahwd


This "Update-Only Ultimate Fix" is meant for people who just want to play an (updated) basegame, and no DLC. You should always follow the instructions here to learn what exactly you need:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

The Update-Only fix is not mentioned in this guide, for a reason. Because about 80-90% of users want to play the entire pack (with all Sims 4 DLC) anyhow. If you installed DLC before and now they don't work, you will need to re-apply those DLC. Look again at the guide that I linked, start with "Get to Work", continue with "Get together", "City Living", etc.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091
Points : 18698
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Searching for the previous ultimate fix

Post by samanthic on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 14:26

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@samanthic wrote: Thank you very much !  I finally got what you meant Tarac (I'm french so..) I did applied the patch to my Sims 4 base game but it doesn't work if you have DLC installed as well is that it ? If yes, well, I crashed my own game... IAmSoHappyEmergahwd


This "Update-Only Ultimate Fix" is meant for people who just want to play an (updated) basegame, and no DLC. You should always follow the instructions here to learn what exactly you need:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

The Update-Only fix is not mentioned in this guide, for a reason. Because about 80-90% of users want to play the entire pack (with all Sims 4 DLC) anyhow. If you installed DLC before and now they don't work, you will need to re-apply those DLC. Look again at the guide that I linked, start with "Get to Work", continue with "Get together", "City Living", etc.

Yes that's the only solution, I'll start over..thank you both for your help!  Yess, aye lieeke!

samanthic
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 6
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Searching for the previous ultimate fix

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 15:34

@samanthic wrote:Yes that's the only solution, I'll start over..thank you both for your help!  Yess, aye lieeke!


Sure, no problem. For the future, just make sure to follow the actual TS4 "Must-Read" guide, to avoid problems, and to learn about what exactly you need to run the game. Smile  As said already, the Ultimate fix is NOT mentioned in that TS4 Must-Read guide, for a reason. Plus, I put a number of warnings inside the included installation guide.

I know that most people who used these downloads at some point in the past will still turn to the Ultimate fix, but the "format" of downloads has very slightly changed in the meantime. We don't have any Ultimate fixes anymore, just those little update-only patches.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091
Points : 18698
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum