Getting S3PE to work with El Capitan.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting S3PE to work with El Capitan.

Post by Lou-Ann on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 15:58

Hello there!

Any chance someone figured out how to have S3PE work on El Capitan 10.11.6? It closes when clicking "file > new". I installed XQuartz as well.

Reinstalled The Sims 3 and I'm so lost it hurts. Thank you very much, have a nice day!

Lou-Ann
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Female Posts : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting S3PE to work with El Capitan.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 23:34

@Lou-Ann wrote:Hello there!

Any chance someone figured out how to have S3PE work on El Capitan 10.11.6? It closes when clicking "file > new". I installed XQuartz as well.

Reinstalled The Sims 3 and I'm so lost it hurts. Thank you very much, have a nice day!

Hello again,

While I myself have no (meaningful) Mac knowledge, I found this here - maybe it can help you here:
http://arisily.livejournal.com/17175.html

May I ask (if it's not a state secret) what you intend to use S3PE for? Is it just for merging a bunch of .package files? Very Happy

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TomatoEddie on Thu 05 Oct 2017, 20:05

Lou-Ann,

i don't know if you had your problem solved, but you could have a virtualization software — such as Parallel Desktop, VMware, or Oracle's Virtual Box — installed. as a matter of fact, the latter one is free, and works quite well on my El Capitan(ed) iMac. all you'll need is a working Windows copy; i'm still stuck to an old XP that runs everything i need, including S3PE v.2017.
combining packages (especially CC) is actually a good idea, for The Sims 3 may show issues if you have over 100 Mods installed, chiefly if you run it from a Wine Bottlenecked Mac. since NRaas itself eats over half of that amount, it's a good measure to "merge" what may be combined.
i had a huge Lorandia collection (557 items) into 8 packages; since common resources were also combined, the original size (1.36 GB) was reduced to a bit over 556 MB.
for a game running in a wrapper, such value means saving a huge processing quota.

wish you the best,

E.

TomatoEddie
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™ 3
Male Posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum