Certain CAS objects are corrupted (no torso & legs)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Certain CAS objects are corrupted (no torso & legs)

Post by Naggin on Thu 27 Jul 2017, 23:22

'Ey lads. I've played a bit of The Sims 3 before, and I loved it. Way better than the older games without that sweet open world, but I didn't notice all the store content my previous... "install" was missing.

So I went and downloaded the torrent for the store content, as well as the main 30GB one. Completely uninstalled my previous sims 3 expansions and base game, and removed the "Electronic Arts" folder in "My Documents". A squeaky clean slate.

Followed the instructions, installed the game and it's expansions, updated, downloaded the newest Sims 3 Fix, installed the store content fix, yadda yadda yadda. The game launches, the store worlds are present, the expansions work, and there's all this store content present. It's workin'!

I then installed two mods. NRASS NoCD, and ellecharmed's .world fixes.

But, there are a couple CAS items that show up as invisible objects. Luckily, it's only a small handful that do. As far as I know, there's no way to see which outfit in the character studio came from which .package, so I'll use screenshots to show where they are for females (in progress, thumbnails take ages):

Female Young Adult:


Female Young Adult - Everyday x4:









Female Young Adult - Formal x1:



Female Young Adult - Sleepwear x1:



Female Young Adult - Athletic x2:






Female Adult:


Female Adult - Everyday x3:





Female Adult - Formal x1:



Female Adult - Sleepwear x1:




Any idea what's causing this? There was one thread I found talking about this issue, with another user saying that uninstalling the Store Fixes remedies the issue, but that sounds a bit iffy?


Edit: Turns out that Nraas MasterController allows us to see the instance record ID's. I'll update each age as I search through them. I'll also attach an archive containing the problematic CASP records (exported via s3pe) (Can't, disallowed due to being new):

Female Young Adult - Bugged Instances:

Code:

Athletic Dress (Bohemian Garden) - afBodySportsTennis - 0x1C5900CD3396AFF4 - StoreITEMS_Part5
Sporty Skirt (Boardwalk Attire) - afBodySportsBaseballVintage - 0x90185FE31A9BDCA5 - StoreITEMS_Part3
Carol's Tanktop (Steampunk Savvy) - afTopVicSteamPunk - 0x8FB9660F28E31154 - StoreITEMS_Part1
Easy-going Tee (The tea Bean Hipster Loft) - afTopCasualTShirtBig - 0xAD66B73F726C3AAC - StoreITEMS_Part5

//EDIT


Did more troubleshooting, and the issue isn't related to mods. Uninstalled Ellecharm's fixed worlds, and the NoCD package. No difference, the same outfits are still corrupted.

Edit: And there are no buy mode items with invisible icons either. So there are just a select few clothing items that are corrupted, in the complete store collection.


//EDIT


When looking for the Sporty Skirt package, I found a site discussing the problem. It turns out that this has been an issue present for years; these specific outfits are corrupted due to the Decrapify tool.

Edit: The specific problem is that there are VPXY records that weren't decrap'd. A user by the name of Clara on the Moreawesomethanyou forum released a few outfit fixes, and said what the problem was.

Edit2: Yup, it's due to there being not-decrap'd VPXY records. Added Clara's fixes, and lo' and behold, the bugged outfits are gone.

So it seems like somebody forgot to decrap some of the store content.


Last edited by Naggin on Sat 29 Jul 2017, 22:13; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Added outfit names where possible)
avatar
Naggin
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Fallout New Vegas
Posts : 6
Points : 29
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-07-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Certain CAS objects are corrupted (no torso & legs)

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 29 Jul 2017, 15:28

@Naggin wrote:So it seems like somebody forgot to decrap some of the store content.


Hello and welcome to the Forum,


Sorry to hear about these problems; this complete store torrent was compiled to the best of our knowledge, and while it is possible (or very likely) that there are minor issues with it, I think overall it is easier to handle than having all store content in .sims3pack format. 

Good that you found a fix for this! I myself am in the process of re-installing the game myself, and will see if I encounter the same problem. Overall I think I would leave troubleshooting these technical issues to people who are more familiar with the coding of the game than I am (I really don't have the time and energy anymore these days to look at endless lines of code, and VPXY-something resource instances). 

It doesn't make sense to re-release another TS3 store torrent, for a few seemingly bugged CAS items. Though I acknowledge that for some players these "minor" things are a bigger problem. As said, over time we will be providing the content in the format of individual (decrapped) .sims3pack files.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14059
Points : 18649
Reputation : 1978
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Certain CAS objects are corrupted (no torso & legs)

Post by Naggin on Sat 29 Jul 2017, 17:37

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Hello and welcome to the Forum,


Sorry to hear about these problems; this complete store torrent was compiled to the best of our knowledge, and while it is possible (or very likely) that there are minor issues with it, I think overall it is easier to handle than having all store content in .sims3pack format. 

Good that you found a fix for this! I myself am in the process of re-installing the game myself, and will see if I encounter the same problem. Overall I think I would leave troubleshooting these technical issues to people who are more familiar with the coding of the game than I am (I really don't have the time and energy anymore these days to look at endless lines of code, and VPXY-something resource instances). 

It doesn't make sense to re-release another TS3 store torrent, for a few seemingly bugged CAS items. Though I acknowledge that for some players these "minor" things are a bigger problem. As said, over time we will be providing the content in the format of individual (decrapped) .sims3pack files.

The issue was pretty easy to narrow down:

1. Install Nraas MasterController & Nraas Integration
2. Create a new sim
3. Right-click the bugged outfit
4. CASP instance ID is displayed
5. Start S3PE & open the store .package files
6. Find the CASP instance
7. Look for the VPXY instance ID (it's in plain text)
8. Find the referenced VPXY instance
9. Export VPXY as package
10. Look through VPXY for the base VPXY ID (is referred to by other VPXY records, usually three others)
11. S3PE Menu bar -> Tools -> Search -> paste in the base VPXY ID -> Enable filter, set to VPXY
12. Export the found VPXY instances
13. Decrapify them
14. 'Ey presto

Though I may not have the steps down pat. Doing the above solved the issue with the Adult Female steampunk top, but not for the Young Adult Female version. It's possible that I mucked up along the way.

It'd be great if I could get the Sims3Pack files for the small number of bugged clothes, because then I could just run them through Decrapify.exe, and bundle them all into the Store Fixes .package file. Also saves a bunch of effort scanning through the massive combined .package mods.
avatar
Naggin
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Fallout New Vegas
Posts : 6
Points : 29
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-07-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Certain CAS objects are corrupted (no torso & legs)

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 29 Jul 2017, 20:40

@Naggin wrote:It'd be great if I could get the Sims3Pack files for the small number of bugged clothes, because then I could just run them through Decrapify.exe, and bundle them all into the Store Fixes .package file. Also saves a bunch of effort scanning through the massive combined .package mods.


That I am familiar with, on the other hand (used to extract .packages from .sims3pack files, and then merging the .package files). But it would be a bit difficult I'm afraid to pinpoint what exactly these bugged clothes are, to determine from there which .sims3pack file(s) they are included in.

Since our .sims3pack files have always been decrapified by default, I'm hoping these issues will become less common, once we get out all of these .sims3packs again at some point.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14059
Points : 18649
Reputation : 1978
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Certain CAS objects are corrupted (no torso & legs)

Post by Naggin on Sat 29 Jul 2017, 22:01

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Naggin wrote:It'd be great if I could get the Sims3Pack files for the small number of bugged clothes, because then I could just run them through Decrapify.exe, and bundle them all into the Store Fixes .package file. Also saves a bunch of effort scanning through the massive combined .package mods.


That I am familiar with, on the other hand (used to extract .packages from .sims3pack files, and then merging the .package files). But it would be a bit difficult I'm afraid to pinpoint what exactly these bugged clothes are, to determine from there which .sims3pack file(s) they are included in.

Since our .sims3pack files have always been decrapified by default, I'm hoping these issues will become less common, once we get out all of these .sims3packs again at some point.

It's not too hard to get the Sims 3 store names for the packs. I can do that, if it helps.

Edit: Updated the OP. Added the store pack names for the Female Young Adult's bugged clothes.
avatar
Naggin
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Fallout New Vegas
Posts : 6
Points : 29
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-07-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Certain CAS objects are corrupted (no torso & legs)

Post by Naggin on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 23:34

So I searched through all the ages for female characters, and after installing Clara's fixes, there's only one bugged piece of clothing; Carolina's Tanktop from Steampunk Savvy.

Decrapped the VXPY files, and nada. Did the same for the GEOM and BONE files, still no dice.
avatar
Naggin
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Fallout New Vegas
Posts : 6
Points : 29
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-07-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum