Sims 3 Unable to start game error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Unable to start game error

Post by phumkie on Tue 01 Aug 2017, 18:03

Hello, I just registered to ask a question to an error I'm having, I recently got a new pc and I moved my Sims 3 instalation into my new pc, but when I try to open it by clicking the S3Launcher.exe, I get this error: "Unable to launch game, please reinstall base game", and when I try opening it by clicking the TS3W.exe, I get this error: "The Sims 3 version is incompatible with your current expansion pack, please update your game version from the game launcher", does the error have to do with me changing drive letters or anything like that? I went from a D: drive back to a D: drive, so I don't think drive letters are a problem.

Thanks in advance to anyone giving feedback! Very Happy

phumkie
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Sims Series, Bully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Unable to start game error

Post by Ageha on Wed 02 Aug 2017, 15:52

Hi there, I'm not sure if you're able to move around the folders now but back then if you wanted to install it to a different category, you have to create the folders first before installing anything. 

Perhaps you could check the regedit to see if the it's pointed to the correct drive?

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1758

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Wed 02 Aug 2017, 16:34

phumkie wrote:Hello, I just registered to ask a question to an error I'm having, I recently got a new pc and I moved my Sims 3 instalation into my new pc, but when I try to open it by clicking the S3Launcher.exe, I get this error: "Unable to launch game, please reinstall base game", and when I try opening it by clicking the TS3W.exe, I get this error: "The Sims 3 version is incompatible with your current expansion pack, please update your game version from the game launcher", does the error have to do with me changing drive letters or anything like that? I went from a D: drive back to a D: drive, so I don't think drive letters are a problem.

Have you tried the option to delete in Documents\Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3:

* Version.tag
* All files ending with .package

And then start your game again.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 02 Aug 2017, 17:33

phumkie wrote:Hello, I just registered to ask a question to an error I'm having, I recently got a new pc and I moved my Sims 3 instalation into my new pc, but when I try to open it by clicking the S3Launcher.exe, I get this error: "Unable to launch game, please reinstall base game", and when I try opening it by clicking the TS3W.exe, I get this error: "The Sims 3 version is incompatible with your current expansion pack, please update your game version from the game launcher", does the error have to do with me changing drive letters or anything like that? I went from a D: drive back to a D: drive, so I don't think drive letters are a problem.

In that case you'll probably have to re-install the games. Simply "moving around" installation folders in this version of The Sims 3 doesn't work.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14472

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum