Ultimate Fix an dExpansion update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ultimate Fix an dExpansion update

Post by Apeman on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:41

On the "ultimate fix" instructions it says that you must download Generations and/or Town Life and/or Pets from this site for the launcher update to work. Does this mean that you have to download all three of them from this site if you intend to install all three or can you use two from somewhere else?

Also, unless I'm mistake, the manual update only updates the base game and not the expansions. Are the current manual update for the expansions available on this site or do I have to search them on the net? And would it cause any technical problems if I were to update them to their most current versions?

Apeman
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Fix an dExpansion update

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:48

Hello,
You don't have to update the expansions separately anymore, so the manual 1.29 patch is enough.
Actually, in most cases any version of the expansionpacks will work with the fix as long as the installer isn't modified.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 11:18

Apeman wrote:On the "ultimate fix" instructions it says that you must download Generations and/or Town Life and/or Pets from this site for the launcher update to work. Does this mean that you have to download all three of them from this site if you intend to install all three or can you use two from somewhere else?

Also, unless I'm mistake, the manual update only updates the base game and not the expansions. Are the current manual update for the expansions available on this site or do I have to search them on the net? And would it cause any technical problems if I were to update them to their most current versions?
Hello,

No, you do not need all three of them. You need at least one of those three.
The manual patch for the latest version of the game (currently v1.29) can be found here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch

Good luck and please let us know if we can provide any more assistance!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Apeman on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 23:39

Thanks for the replay. I have another problem. The game lets me play for an hour or so and then it would crash. After the crash, if I reload a previous save, it would crash after a minute of gameplay. This has happened before and I even tried reinstalling the entire game but it still remains my primary and only problem. I've tried removing and disabling all mods and custom contents but all that gave me is a bit more time before it crashes again.

Apeman
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum