Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 will not open.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 will not open.

Post by mrmike16 on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 21:13

Hi, I have followed the installation guide included with the Roller Coaster Tycoon package.  I did not install the expansions.  I actually still have the original game, although I don't see a product key with it (don't remember needing one, either) and I'd like it to run off the hard drive and not the CD.  I did what it said and moved the rct.exe file from the Cracks folder and replaced the original one with it, inside the Program Files (x86)/Hasbro Interactive/Roller Coaster Tycoon folder.

When trying to open it, I get the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022).  Click OK to close the application.  I also tried Compatibility Mode with no success.

Any idea why?

Also, if it's possible to just install it from the CD and not need the CD anymore that would be useful too.

Thanks!

//EDIT

No suggestions...?
I tried re-downloading it and both a full install and minimal install.  I miss this game  I mean I can play it from the CD...Maybe there's a way to use that to make a no-CD version?
mrmike16
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims (1, 2, 3), Roller Coaster Tycoon, Halo: Combat Evolved, Project64, The Legend of Zelda: OOT, Pinball, Space Cadet, Snood 4, Hover!, Settlers of Catan, etc.
Male Posts : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 will not open.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 08 Aug 2017, 21:43

Hello again,

With G4TW downloads, you should normally use the program WinRAR to open the downloaded .rar files. Then you drag & drop all files that show up, into a new folder. And run the installation from there. No need to burn those files onto a CD, although it is theoretically doable.

Is your Windows system maybe Windows 10? It's also possible that there could be general compatibility issues.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum