Trouble installing Sims 3 Complete Store.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble installing Sims 3 Complete Store.

Post by EdmundS on Wed 09 Aug 2017, 11:00

Hello,

I'm trying to install the Sims 3 Complete Store, but it refuses to show up in the Downloads section of the launcher. I've gone through recent posts concerning this, though I can't find anything with the exact same circumstances - I'm using Windows 10, and there's no Electronic Arts / Sims 3 folder in My Documents by default, if that changes anything.

I originally placed the folders in the Program Files folder, then created Electronic Arts and Sims 3 folders in Documents and put them over there, but that's not working either.

I have all expansion packs other than Island Paradise, Into the Future, and Showtime on Origin. I downloaded Showtime and the following Stuff Packs from the site: Diesel Stuff, Town Life Stuff, 70s 80s & 90s Stuff, and Movie Stuff.

Has anyone else had this issue but solved it? Is there a way I can get the Complete Store to work on Windows 10?

Thanks in advance.

EdmundS
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 3 & 4
Posts : 2
Points : 133
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trouble installing Sims 3 Complete Store.

Post by Tarac on Wed 09 Aug 2017, 11:20

First of all: When you have played the game before, there MUST be a The Sims 3 folder in User\your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, so most probably you now have 2 such folders. One created by the game itself and one you made manually.
In windows 10 clcik in the taskbar on the magnifying glass and type version.tag in it.
You'll now see all foldors with version.tag in it. No doubt there is also one for the Sims 3.
Rightclick on it and select open file location.
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4263
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Trouble installing Sims 3 Complete Store.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 09 Aug 2017, 18:58

@EdmundS wrote:Hello,

I'm trying to install the Sims 3 Complete Store, but it refuses to show up in the Downloads section of the launcher. I've gone through recent posts concerning this, though I can't find anything with the exact same circumstances - I'm using Windows 10, and there's no Electronic Arts / Sims 3 folder in My Documents by default, if that changes anything.

I originally placed the folders in the Program Files folder, then created Electronic Arts and Sims 3 folders in Documents and put them over there, but that's not working either.

I have all expansion packs other than Island Paradise, Into the Future, and Showtime on Origin. I downloaded Showtime and the following Stuff Packs from the site: Diesel Stuff, Town Life Stuff, 70s 80s & 90s Stuff, and Movie Stuff.

Has anyone else had this issue but solved it? Is there a way I can get the Complete Store to work on Windows 10?

Thanks in advance.


Welcome to the Forum,

Also check whether you have this "OneDrive" active on your current system. If you do, please de-activate it, start the game once, and exit once you get to the main menu. See if the folder shows up again under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19694
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trouble installing Sims 3 Complete Store.

Post by EdmundS on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 00:14

@Tarac wrote:First of all: When you have played the game before, there MUST be a The Sims 3 folder in User\your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, so most probably you now have 2 such folders. One created by the game itself and one you made manually.
In windows 10 clcik in the taskbar on the magnifying glass and type version.tag in it.
You'll now see all foldors with version.tag in it. No doubt there is also one for the Sims 3.
Rightclick on it and select open file location.

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Welcome to the Forum,

Also check whether you have this "OneDrive" active on your current system. If you do, please de-activate it, start the game once, and exit once you get to the main menu. See if the folder shows up again under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

Using version.tag I managed to find the right folder under OneDrive. I've put everything into there and all appears to be working now. Thanks for the help in getting everything working!

EdmundS
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 3 & 4
Posts : 2
Points : 133
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trouble installing Sims 3 Complete Store.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum