Game keeps returning to the MAP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game keeps returning to the MAP

Post by Greysword on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 11:24

I know this has been one of the most annoying glitches but i followed every step. I moved my folder to x86 Program files... renamed the old games folder to games_... and also added the last game fix. Last mod was parenthood. 

I ve tried to delete the documents folder again and again. Nothing worked for me.

Greysword
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : SIMS
Posts : 1
Points : 70
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game keeps returning to the MAP

Post by Ageha on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 15:08

Hi there,

Have you tried updating to Fitness and then start the game with a fresh Sims 4 folder in Documents? Be very careful NOT to install the ultimate fix instead.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1695
Points : 2801
Reputation : 248
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game keeps returning to the MAP

Post by Kanji on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 15:44

Greysword wrote:I know this has been one of the most annoying glitches but i followed every step. I moved my folder to x86 Program files... renamed the old games folder to games_... and also added the last game fix. Last mod was parenthood. 

I ve tried to delete the documents folder again and again. Nothing worked for me.
I am having the same issue. Did you save or go to the main menu since you discovered the bug? cause I did, and I will try and find a fix for you. I've got up to fitness and it still bugs out.

Kanji
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Mirror's Edge Catalyst, SAB2, Most Sims Games.
Female Posts : 20
Points : 148
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-24
Location : The Internet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game keeps returning to the MAP

Post by Tarac on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 15:51

Installing G4TW downloads is so simple, but of course you must read the instructions carefully.

Installation:
1. Base game
2. After installation MOVE, not COPY the install folder The Sims 4 out of Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts to Program Files (x86)
3. Install Go to Work
4. Install Get Together
5. Install City Living
6. Install Toddler/Vampires
7. Delete the folder Game from your install folder Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
8. Install Parenthood
9. Install Fitness

When that's all done, the game should work perfectly.
Still not and everything done as outlined above ?
Remove your custom content or move your folder the Sims 4 out of Documents\Electronic Arts to your desktop and start the game again as an Administrator.

And yes, it takes quite a while for the program to start.


Last edited by Tarac on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 15:52; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4202
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Game keeps returning to the MAP

Post by Ageha on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 15:51

Kanji wrote:I am having the same issue. Did you save or go to the main menu since you discovered the bug? cause I did, and I will try and find a fix for you. I've got up to fitness and it still bugs out.
Hi there,

I saw a thread where you mentioned you've solved the issue regarding the crashing. Should I close that thread or would you rather post your current problem there as well so that a more experienced (The_gh0stm4n and Tarac) will be notified when there's a new post?
Nonetheless, have you try starting the game (since you last re-installed) with a fresh sims 4 folder in Documents? Also, I'd avoid 'saving' whenever you encounter a problem as it might corrupt the saves, and, though rarely, corrupt your 'town'. Making it impossible to fix the bug unless you re-installed the game.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1695
Points : 2801
Reputation : 248
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game keeps returning to the MAP

Post by Tarac on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 15:56

Ageha wrote:
Kanji wrote:I am having the same issue. Did you save or go to the main menu since you discovered the bug? cause I did, and I will try and find a fix for you. I've got up to fitness and it still bugs out.
Hi there,

I saw a thread where you mentioned you've solved the issue regarding the crashing. Should I close that thread or would you rather post your current problem there as well so that a more experienced (The_gh0stm4n and Tarac) will be notified when there's a new post?
Nonetheless, have you try starting the game (since you last re-installed) with a fresh sims 4 folder in Documents? Also, I'd avoid 'saving' whenever you encounter a problem as it might corrupt the saves, and, though rarely, corrupt your 'town'. Making it impossible to fix the bug unless you re-installed the game.
Not necessary to re-install again, just move your existing folder The Sims 4 from Documenets\Electronic Arts to your desktop and start your game again as an Administrator
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4202
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Game keeps returning to the MAP

Post by Kanji on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 16:02

I have tried removing the folder from Documents to desktop, ts4 folder to desktop, reinstalling fitness. nothing has worked yet. I also tried renaming the old one The Sims 4_old. my game seems to be broken.

Kanji
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Mirror's Edge Catalyst, SAB2, Most Sims Games.
Female Posts : 20
Points : 148
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-24
Location : The Internet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game keeps returning to the MAP

Post by Kanji on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 16:07

I HAVE FIXED IT!!! it was an issue with fitness, reinstalling and removing ts4 folder from desktop and deleting Game- works.

Kanji
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Mirror's Edge Catalyst, SAB2, Most Sims Games.
Female Posts : 20
Points : 148
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-24
Location : The Internet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game keeps returning to the MAP

Post by Tarac on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 16:12

Kanji wrote:I HAVE FIXED IT!!! it was an issue with fitness, reinstalling and removing ts4 folder from desktop and deleting Game- works.
In other words: You did not follow the instructions properly
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4202
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum