ZLOrigin.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin.

Post by cows5evah on Wed 16 Aug 2017, 07:51

Is it worth uninstalling my G4TW version and switching to ZLOrigin? I'm not allowed to torrent and I've gotten my sims updates from alt. links like Mediafire, etc. before they stopped it on G4TW. 

& Is ZLOrigin 100% safe or is it possible it could be shut down?

*Also, do they have Sims 2 on ZL ??*



Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n
avatar
cows5evah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 2,3&4, GTA V, Life Is Strange, Gmod, Portal 1&2, Battleblock, Dead Island, L4D2, TERA
Male Posts : 129
Points : 1054
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2015-06-20
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by Builder on Wed 16 Aug 2017, 16:52

ZLOrigin is definitely a fast and easy way to get updates and DLC. You just have to install it once and let the program do the rest. No more hassle with torrents or alt. links. It also happens to be a bit faster with cracks and updates than regular downloads.

The only downside to this method is that you MUST be on-line to start the game. Basically, you have to log into their servers. However, once you've started the game, you no longer need the connection.

In theory, it could be shut down, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. As for it being safe, I'm sure someone would have reported it by now if it wasn't safe.

Sims 2 is available and I believe Sims 3, as well.

Builder
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Posts : 77
Points : 732
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2016-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by Tarac on Wed 16 Aug 2017, 18:05

Yes, it is safe and Sims 2 can be played on- or off-line without any change or additional cracks.
Sims 4 can be played on- and off-line by adding a folder Game cracked (just copy the folder Game of your G4TW download to your desktop, rename it Game cracked and copy it to the install folder of the ZLOrigin game)
Sims 3 sofar only on-line
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4240
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by cows5evah on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 09:43

Thanks guys, I'm having trouble finding the tutorial to install it or the website, would you mind leaving the link to it? ^^
avatar
cows5evah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 2,3&4, GTA V, Life Is Strange, Gmod, Portal 1&2, Battleblock, Dead Island, L4D2, TERA
Male Posts : 129
Points : 1054
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2015-06-20
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by Tarac on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 10:07

@cows5evah wrote:Thanks guys, I'm having trouble finding the tutorial to install it or the website, would you mind leaving the link to it? ^^
Full tutorial on G4TW, see THIS

Additional info about game-directory HERE
Info on how to play off-line HERE
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4240
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by Builder on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 14:07

@Tarac Just a heads up, Chrome is giving me a big red warning page telling me your page isn't safe. It probably has to do with ZLOrigin. 

To bypass the warning page, click on details and visit anyway.

Builder
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Posts : 77
Points : 732
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2016-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by Tarac on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 14:29

@Builder wrote:@Tarac Just a heads up, Chrome is giving me a big red warning page telling me your page isn't safe. It probably has to do with ZLOrigin. 

To bypass the warning page, click on details and visit anyway.
Some idiot apparently reported the site to Electronic Arts.
I have asked Weebly to check for virusses, nothing found.
Site is 100% safe.
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4240
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 16:27

@Builder wrote:@Tarac Just a heads up, Chrome is giving me a big red warning page telling me your page isn't safe. 


It's also the reason why I put a torrent link for the TS4 endless loading fix in addition to the existing links; since regular browser downloads sometimes don't seem to work. We have also seen a few cases where (American-based) users weren't able to access this Forum unless they used a proxy/VPN.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14768
Points : 19577
Reputation : 2078
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by Tarac on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 16:33

As a matter of fact: I don't care a bit.
I know that my sites are safe and when people don't dare to download from these, so be it.
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4240
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by cows5evah on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 23:56

@Builder wrote:@Tarac Just a heads up, Chrome is giving me a big red warning page telling me your page isn't safe. It probably has to do with ZLOrigin. 

To bypass the warning page, click on details and visit anyway.

His download is safe! I had to disable the setting where Chrome wouldn't allow me to download it. Worked fine after.


Last edited by cows5evah on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 04:57; edited 1 time in total
avatar
cows5evah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 2,3&4, GTA V, Life Is Strange, Gmod, Portal 1&2, Battleblock, Dead Island, L4D2, TERA
Male Posts : 129
Points : 1054
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2015-06-20
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 19 Aug 2017, 17:56

@cows5evah wrote:(...)


*His
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14768
Points : 19577
Reputation : 2078
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by cows5evah on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 04:58

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@cows5evah wrote:(...)


*His
oops
fixed
noproofisaidthewronggender
avatar
cows5evah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 2,3&4, GTA V, Life Is Strange, Gmod, Portal 1&2, Battleblock, Dead Island, L4D2, TERA
Male Posts : 129
Points : 1054
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2015-06-20
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by Builder on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 05:06

I know it's safe. It's probably just EA trolling. My AV acted up and randomly quarantined ZClient around the same time. It was fine before.

It's a pity, though. @Tarac's page is very helpful, but the warning page might scare new visitors away. Perhaps if the download link redirected to the original Russian page, rather than a direct link, google might change its mind.

Builder
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Posts : 77
Points : 732
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2016-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by Tarac on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 10:10

@Builder wrote:I know it's safe. It's probably just EA trolling. My AV acted up and randomly quarantined ZClient around the same time. It was fine before.

It's a pity, though. @Tarac's page is very helpful, but the warning page might scare new visitors away. Perhaps if the download link redirected to the original Russian page, rather than a direct link, google might change its mind.
I tried that earlier on, no result.
Some "idiot" reported the site as dangerous. Nothing can be done besides creating a new site (too much trouble for the moment)
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4240
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 11:25

@Builder wrote:(...) but the warning page might scare new visitors away. 


Just as the false positives of anti-virus programs in case of No-CD/No-Origin files also tend to scare off new users, who are often unfamiliar with the subject matter. People will have to learn either way how to circumvent these obstacles.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14768
Points : 19577
Reputation : 2078
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by cows5evah on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 15:12

Question, I installed ZLorigin, will I need to uninstall my sims for this? like will all the packs/updates get added onto it? I just want to double check since my Sims 4 version didn't come from G4TW and I don't want to uninstall it if it's not necessary, or is it going to automatically install over my current version?  I've moved my folder w/ saves and mods to my desktop just in case.
avatar
cows5evah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 2,3&4, GTA V, Life Is Strange, Gmod, Portal 1&2, Battleblock, Dead Island, L4D2, TERA
Male Posts : 129
Points : 1054
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2015-06-20
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by Tarac on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 15:19

@cows5evah wrote:Question, I installed ZLorigin, will I need to uninstall my sims for this? like will all the packs/updates get added onto it? I just want to double check since my Sims 4 version didn't come from G4TW and I don't want to uninstall it if it's not necessary, or is it going to automatically install over my current version?  I've moved my folder w/ saves and mods to my desktop just in case.
No need to uninstall if you want to keep it.
Yes, ZLOrigin will install all DLC's
When you want be 100% sure ZLOrigin does not overwrite/add to your existing installation, copy it to an external drive or USB stick, unplug and let ZLOrigin do "his job"
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4240
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by cows5evah on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 15:21

@Tarac wrote:
@cows5evah wrote:Question, I installed ZLorigin, will I need to uninstall my sims for this? like will all the packs/updates get added onto it? I just want to double check since my Sims 4 version didn't come from G4TW and I don't want to uninstall it if it's not necessary, or is it going to automatically install over my current version?  I've moved my folder w/ saves and mods to my desktop just in case.
No need to uninstall if you want to keep it.
Yes, ZLOrigin will install all DLC's
When you want be 100% sure ZLOrigin does not overwrite/add to your existing installation, copy it to an external drive or USB stick, unplug and let ZLOrigin do "his job"

Thank you! I'm indeed glad I decided to gave ZL a chance! won't lie though, the upcoming toddler pack is what inspired me LMAO
avatar
cows5evah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 2,3&4, GTA V, Life Is Strange, Gmod, Portal 1&2, Battleblock, Dead Island, L4D2, TERA
Male Posts : 129
Points : 1054
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2015-06-20
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by Tarac on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 16:31

@cows5evah wrote:
@Tarac wrote:
@cows5evah wrote:Question, I installed ZLorigin, will I need to uninstall my sims for this? like will all the packs/updates get added onto it? I just want to double check since my Sims 4 version didn't come from G4TW and I don't want to uninstall it if it's not necessary, or is it going to automatically install over my current version?  I've moved my folder w/ saves and mods to my desktop just in case.
No need to uninstall if you want to keep it.
Yes, ZLOrigin will install all DLC's
When you want be 100% sure ZLOrigin does not overwrite/add to your existing installation, copy it to an external drive or USB stick, unplug and let ZLOrigin do "his job"

Thank you! I'm indeed glad I decided to gave ZL a chance! won't lie though, the upcoming toddler pack is what inspired me LMAO
ZLOrigin/Zclient is indeed a wonderful solution, easy, safe and always up-to-date.
No cracks, no fixes required.
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4240
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by EliHarb on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 18:19

Hey everyone. I've been following the forum about this for a few days. So no new independent releases from G4TW?
I've been hearing about ZLOrigin and I'm skeptical. Does it require brand new installs of the base game and packs or can we just replace the Origin folder (backup first) and it will do the rest?

EDIT: Question is wether it reinstalls the entire thing or I can select which pack is missing for me.
avatar
EliHarb
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : TS2, Life is Strange, Assassin's Creed, Batman Arkham, Witcher 3, Tomb Raider
Male Posts : 19
Points : 1219
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-09-02
Age : 24

View user profile http://ts2tots4.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by cows5evah on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 23:24

@EliHarb wrote:Hey everyone. I've been following the forum about this for a few days. So no new independent releases from G4TW?
I've been hearing about ZLOrigin and I'm skeptical. Does it require brand new installs of the base game and packs or can we just replace the Origin folder (backup first) and it will do the rest?

EDIT: Question is wether it reinstalls the entire thing or I can select which pack is missing for me.

ZLOrigin is pretty good actually, I was skeptical as well. but I did not have to reinstall my current Sims 4 games, ZLOrigin updated it w/ the new packs/updates right away.
avatar
cows5evah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 2,3&4, GTA V, Life Is Strange, Gmod, Portal 1&2, Battleblock, Dead Island, L4D2, TERA
Male Posts : 129
Points : 1054
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2015-06-20
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by cows5evah on Fri 22 Sep 2017, 22:34

How do I update ZClient? it disappeared from its folder because it said it had to Update and I can't open ZLOrigin as it's saying my log in is wrong.
avatar
cows5evah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 2,3&4, GTA V, Life Is Strange, Gmod, Portal 1&2, Battleblock, Dead Island, L4D2, TERA
Male Posts : 129
Points : 1054
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2015-06-20
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by Cat_Eye on Fri 22 Sep 2017, 22:44

when that happens to me I download it again from zloemu, install it and hen restart the computer.

_________________
You can download my sims here. Feel free to use them however you want.
avatar
Cat_Eye
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Amesia the dark descent, Alien Isolation, Yandere Simulator, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Silent Hill, Silent hill 2, Persona 5
Male Posts : 247
Points : 671
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2016-11-21
Age : 24
Location : Slovenia

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEdAcYrSwFBhrRZcX16h4sA

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by Builder on Sun 24 Sep 2017, 23:33

@cows5evah wrote:How do I update ZClient? it disappeared from its folder because it said it had to Update and I can't open ZLOrigin as it's saying my log in is wrong.
Check your anti-virus. If it suddenly disappeared, it might have been quarantined. If that's the case, re-downloading it won't work, because your anti-virus will quarantine the new file, as well.

Builder
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Posts : 77
Points : 732
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2016-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by cows5evah on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 12:18

@Builder wrote:
@cows5evah wrote:How do I update ZClient? it disappeared from its folder because it said it had to Update and I can't open ZLOrigin as it's saying my log in is wrong.
Check your anti-virus. If it suddenly disappeared, it might have been quarantined. If that's the case, re-downloading it won't work, because your anti-virus will quarantine the new file, as well.

It's added into my exceptions since I first downloaded it so it still confuses me as to why it'd disappear. I had to re-download it and got it working again thankfully.
avatar
cows5evah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 2,3&4, GTA V, Life Is Strange, Gmod, Portal 1&2, Battleblock, Dead Island, L4D2, TERA
Male Posts : 129
Points : 1054
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2015-06-20
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum