Try changing language - doesn't work. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Try changing language - doesn't work. [SOLVED]

Post by stadironin on Wed 16 Aug 2017, 23:00

Hello. I extracted "TS4_language_strings" into my "The Sims 4" - folder and also ran "Finnish.reg" - file
but I just dont have Finnish-language Game. Only english.
I've tried to install the .reg - file so that The Sims 4 is on the original folder, as well as the folder where i moved The Sims 4
after Base-game install. I just can make it work. Please help me, my daughter wants it in Finnish.

stadironin
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1105
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Try changing language - doesn't work. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 05:37

@stadironin wrote:Hello. I extracted "TS4_language_strings" into my "The Sims 4" - folder and also ran "Finnish.reg" - file
but I just dont have Finnish-language Game. Only english.
I've tried to install the .reg - file so that The Sims 4 is on the original folder, as well as the folder where i moved The Sims 4
after Base-game install. I just can make it work. Please help me, my daughter wants it in Finnish.


Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Which DLC did you install? If you installed "all the way" up to Fitness Stuff - see this here - then you have to apply a different procedure:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t23293-how-to-change-the-in-game-display-language-in-the-sims-4-updated-on-22-07-2016


Note, these older torrents still have the old procedure described because at the time they were released (!), that was the only method. But as of most lately, it has changed, and you cannot "edit" torrents that are already out there, hence the mismatch.

Good luck!
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14733
Points : 19538
Reputation : 2078
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Try changing language - doesn't work. [SOLVED]

Post by stadironin on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 09:01

Yess..thank you very much. Yes I had all the packs. I did as instructions dictaded. I edited "RldOrigin.ini" and its all good now Smile. I had to save edited file elsewhere, remove the original  "RldOrigin.ini" and copy the modified file back to its place. When editing the system didnt allow me to save and replace the original so a small workaround. You made my daughter a happy camper Smile

stadironin
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1105
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Try changing language - doesn't work. [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 11:08

@stadironin wrote:Yess..thank you very much. Yes I had all the packs. I did as instructions dictaded. I edited "RldOrigin.ini" and its all good now Smile. I had to save edited file elsewhere, remove the original  "RldOrigin.ini" and copy the modified file back to its place. When editing the system didnt allow me to save and replace the original so a small workaround. You made my daughter a happy camper Smile
Next time, just rightclick on the folder Bin.
Select Properties
Uncheck Read-only
Apply and OK
Now you can edit and save the RldOrigin.ini

avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4236
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Try changing language - doesn't work. [SOLVED]

Post by stadironin on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 14:25

Yeah, I did exactly that but for some reason it didnt work. Maybe I forgot to save it or some other mishap. Thank you anyway for your advice.

stadironin
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1105
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Try changing language - doesn't work. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 19 Aug 2017, 18:20

@stadironin wrote:Yeah, I did exactly that but for some reason it didnt work. Maybe I forgot to save it or some other mishap. Thank you anyway for your advice.


Yes, maybe you forgot to click on "apply" at the end, to save the changes to the Properties of RldOrigin.ini. Either way, have fun with the game and feel free to post back in case of follow-up issues, at any point! Problem solved, topic closed. Very Happy
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14733
Points : 19538
Reputation : 2078
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum