Does anybody know how to increase the volume of the custom songs you put in?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by ObessiveFan on Wed 16 Aug 2017, 08:20

On the radio, I already have the volume on high. The sims 4 songs play loud but when it switches to my songs. Its very low and I can barely hear it.

ObessiveFan
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Favourite games : Sims
Female Posts : 13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody know how to increase the volume of the custom songs you put in?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 05:33

@ObessiveFan wrote:Does anybody know how to increase the volume of the custom songs you put in? 

On the radio, I already have the volume on high. The sims 4 songs play loud but when it switches to my songs. Its very low and I can barely hear it.

//SPLIT

Hello,

I moved your post to the right section. Try going under options under "Audio" and increase the object music slider.

Click on "apply changes" after that and see if you notice any improvement. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14728

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody know how to increase the volume of the custom songs you put in?

Post by ObessiveFan on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 19:51

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Hello,

I moved your post to the right section. Try going under options under "Audio" and increase the object music slider.

Click on "apply changes" after that and see if you notice any improvement. Good luck!

I looked in my settings and its all turned up to the highest level but my songs are not loud enough.

ObessiveFan
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 19:58

@ObessiveFan wrote:(...) but my songs are not loud enough.

I assume your songs are loud enough when played outside the game, in any media player? If so, then maybe it's a (volume) limitation that is hard-coded into the game...? You could play with audio editor programs and increase the volume of the .mp3 files themselves, but then again, the question is if it's really worth the effort.

I think Audacity (a freeware program) can achieve this as well.
http://www.audacityteam.org/

Load an .mp3 file into the program, mark the entire "line" with the mouse and under Effect -> Amplify, raise the slider slightly (!) to the right. Not much, just slightly. There are other programs as well, but Audacity came to my mind first.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14728

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ObessiveFan on Thu 24 Aug 2017, 18:43

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@ObessiveFan wrote:(...) but my songs are not loud enough.

I assume your songs are loud enough when played outside the game, in any media player? If so, then maybe it's a (volume) limitation that is hard-coded into the game...? You could play with audio editor programs and increase the volume of the .mp3 files themselves, but then again, the question is if it's really worth the effort.

I think Audacity (a freeware program) can achieve this as well.
http://www.audacityteam.org/

Load an .mp3 file into the program, mark the entire "line" with the mouse and under Effect -> Amplify, raise the slider slightly (!) to the right. Not much, just slightly. There are other programs as well, but Audacity came to my mind first.

Thanks it worked a little bit but its still not as loud as the original songs but I take it. I amplified it as much as I could without distorting the sound.

ObessiveFan
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum