Game closes after a few seconds of black screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game closes after a few seconds of black screen

Post by KiriTaco on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 08:34

Hi! Maybe this topic has been solved before but I couldn't find it

Here is my problem, I hope someone knows whats all about: After doing everything the "How To Properly Install" page said, I was able to play the game with no problems at all, but then, after I finished creating my sim I realized that none of the DLC's were activated, there wasn't any DLC items in build mode (I don't know if it is worth mentioning but the first time I launched the game there was something about "Digital Deluxe Bundle" and then a lot of rewards). So I saved the game and closed it, I suposed it was because I launched the game from the shortcut that the "base game" setup placed in my desktop so I erased it and searched the correct .exe on "Local Disk (C:)/Program Files (x86)/The Sims 4/Game/Bin" and tried to launch the TS4_x64.exe file, at first it only opened a window saying that if it was my first time launching the game I should launch it as an administrator, so I did, and the only thing that happend was that it opened a black screen for a few seconds and then closed it, no sound, no video, only the PC's cursor and a black screen for nothing more than 10 seconds. I've been trying to launch the game several times and nothing else happens, I even turned off my antivirus and restarted the computer and there's no change. 

If there's a solution to this problem, please let me know, and if there isn't any then thanks anyway, I will try to download everything again and do the exact same process again to see if there's any changes. Also, sorry for my bad english, I try my best.

KiriTaco
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Titanfall 2, Bioshock (All of Them), Dishonored (Both)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game closes after a few seconds of black screen

Post by Ageha on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:05

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

When you mentioned no DLCs were installed, were the packs greyed out in the main menu after you launched the game? If yes, did you happen to install the Ultimate fix? This will actually delete any DLCs you have, leaving you with just the base game and 1.31 update.

Checking: Did you install all the DLCs or only installed a couple of them? It's suggested that you update your game with the Fitness pack as well since this fixed a couple of bugs that some simmers have. Also, check your task manager to see if sims 4 is running in the background, preventing the start up.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:14

I suggest you use ZLOrigin to automatically repair and update your game.
see http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple?highlight=ZLOrigin+made#
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:16

Can we also repair the game with ZLOrigin if we have the G4TW version though? If yes, it's pretty handy to have. Ermahgerd

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 12:12

@Ageha wrote:
Can we also repair the game with ZLOrigin if we have the G4TW version though? If yes, it's pretty handy to have. Ermahgerd
Yes any installation-related error can be repaired by ZLOrigin on any kind of downloads, so also G4TW.
But ... that also means that from then onwards you'll have to play via ZLOrigin.
However ... This problem can easily be solved by renaming the folder Game from G4TW fitness to Game fitness and add that folder to your install folder.
Make shortcuts from Game fitness\Bin\TS4 and/or TS4_x86.exe for your desktop to play off-line.

Spoiler:

Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 12:29

Thanks! I did not know you could do that. Very Happy @Tarac

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 13:14

@Ageha wrote:Thanks! I did not know you could do that. Very Happy @Tarac
That's one of the reasons why I try and promote ZLOrigin. It is so simple, you can't go wrong, no torrents, no time consuming Winrar-extractions, no cracks, no fixes, always up-to-date.
Less disk-space as with cracked games (torrent-download + extracted download no longer required).
Yes, I admit that when ZLOrigin first started there were some glitches but nowadays I haven't noticed any bugs with Zclient and ZLOrigin at all. When you check Autologin, you do not even have to put your password in once you've registered. Just execute Zclient and it automatically updates Zclient, Zx32.dll and Zx64.dll and logs in.

The Sims 2 and 4 can be played off-line, so even when ZLOrigin no longer exists, you can still play the game and update via f.e. sites like G4TW.
I haven't found a solution for The Sims 3 off-line as yet.

EDIT //
Because you can use 2 (or more) Game folders, I do not like the official G4TW instructions to rename the existing folder Game to Game_
When people forget to make shortcuts from the new folder Game, they still start The Sims 4 via Game_ and consequently face the infinite household loading.
Better to delete the old Game folder instead of renaming to Game_
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by KiriTaco on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 17:01

@Ageha wrote:Hi there and welcome to the forum.

When you mentioned no DLCs were installed, were the packs greyed out in the main menu after you launched the game? If yes, did you happen to install the Ultimate fix? This will actually delete any DLCs you have, leaving you with just the base game and 1.31 update.

Checking: Did you install all the DLCs or only installed a couple of them? It's suggested that you update your game with the Fitness pack as well since this fixed a couple of bugs that some simmers have. Also, check your task manager to see if sims 4 is running in the background, preventing the start up.

Thanks for the welcome! Very Happy
And no, I didn't install any Ultimate Fix, everything I downloaded was from the G4TW torrent site, I downloaded everything and installed it in order from the base game to the Fitness pack, there wasnt any download error or something else I the process; I'll try the task manager thing and also the ZLOrigin thing (After investigating what it is). For now thanks a lot, it seems like this would have a solution. Also thanks to you Tarac Smile

KiriTaco
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Titanfall 2, Bioshock (All of Them), Dishonored (Both)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum