Sims 1 Complete Collection-Open game, EA logo full screen, then 1/4th of screen with corrupted pink and green loading

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 1 Complete Collection-Open game, EA logo full screen, then 1/4th of screen with corrupted pink and green loading

Post by CatGoat on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 21:00

I have installed the game, patched the crack correctly (via replacement), and can open the game without the "no-CD" error.  I then see the game begin fullscreen, the EA logo animating.  Next it cuts down to about a 1/4th of my screen and shows a corrupted version of the standard loading screen.  By this I mean it is pixelated randomly in pink and green, and the scrolling phrases are flying past at a moderate speed.  This lasts about three seconds before crashing to desktop.  During this time, I cannot see the desktop, so it acts as in fullscreen mode; everything but the loading screen is black.

I am using Windows 7, 64-Bit, have tried opening the game as an administrator, and in both resolutions, and in various compatibility modes.

Who else has had this problem?  How can I fix this?

This was torrented through Games4TheWorld on The Pirate Bay.

CatGoat

CatGoat
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Dark Souls, Dragon Age, Elder Scolls, The Sims, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 1 Complete Collection-Open game, EA logo full screen, then 1/4th of screen with corrupted pink and green loading

Post by Tarac on Thu 24 Aug 2017, 13:08

Did you extract the download with Winrar of did you use another extractor ?
Winrar is the correct one.

Did you execute DirectX8a ? (In the folder DirectX8a -> dxsetup.exe)
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Tried...

Post by CatGoat on Thu 24 Aug 2017, 17:15

@Tarac wrote:Did you extract the download with Winrar of did you use another extractor ?
Winrar is the correct one.

Did you execute DirectX8a ? (In the folder DirectX8a -> dxsetup.exe)
I tried what you said and I removed all files beyond the compressed WinRAR Archive, then extracted with WinRAR.  It extracted after a couple of minutes, then I tried to install the game.  Now I get an error message along the lines of "Unknown error encountered.  Aborting setup."  This happens when going through the launcher, the setup.exe and English setup.exe files.

I next tried the dxsetup.exe file.  It said it was successful.

I then retried installation.  No dice with the launcher or setup files again.

I found a solution to the installation problem here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t22742-the-sims-1-installation-unknown-error-encountered-aborting-setup?highlight=Unknown+error+encountered+Aborting+setup#

The game installed normally through the launcher, this time providing me with the previously missing registration message.

I'll update in a minute after attempting to play.

Edit:  I got the crack patched, launched the game (through both the start.exe and the sims.exe), then the original problem happened again: pink and green loading screen.

Is there anything else I can try?  I haven't found any other people on these forums with this particular problem.

CatGoat
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Dark Souls, Dragon Age, Elder Scolls, The Sims, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 1 Complete Collection-Open game, EA logo full screen, then 1/4th of screen with corrupted pink and green loading

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum