Found 'boost_interprocess' folder in Program Data, what is it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Found 'boost_interprocess' folder in Program Data, what is it?

Post by MissVxntage on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 18:03

I found this quite random folder in my Program Data. It's called boost_interprocess and it has two quite mysterious folders within the folder. One called '1496779600' and the other '2015.1228131543.495578' I don't check Program Data often, I only discovered it when I was looking for un-necessary applications and software to remove to make space for The Sims 3. I've done research on it, but I didn't seem to find the information that I was really looking for.

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me if this is malware, or just a randomly generated clean folder.

MissVxntage
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Found 'boost_interprocess' folder in Program Data, what is it?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 02 Sep 2017, 00:58

@MissVxntage wrote:I found this quite random folder in my Program Data. It's called boost_interprocess and it has two quite mysterious folders within the folder. One called '1496779600' and the other '2015.1228131543.495578' I don't check Program Data often, I only discovered it when I was looking for un-necessary applications and software to remove to make space for The Sims 3. I've done research on it, but I didn't seem to find the information that I was really looking for.

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me if this is malware, or just a randomly generated clean folder.

Sorry for the belated reply,

How did you determine these folders as being "mysterious"? Very Happy  By their folder names? Just by that you should not assume that these are malware-related folders. If they were related to malware, chances are you would have found something on Google.

The only way to tell for sure is to utilize appropriate software. Malwarebytes anti-malware is nice, but if you have cracked PC games or software, make sure to add the install locations of the software, to the "exclusions".
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14733

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum