Sims medieval won't install. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims medieval won't install. [SOLVED]

Post by Gitte on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 19:06

Hello,

Lately, I downloaded sims medieval. Because it couldn't recognize my graphics card + cas wuldn't load because I didn't have the fix, I deleted it and tried reinstalling it, before I kenw about the fix - then, it already wouldn't install again. Even though I was sure everything was deleted. (I let my pc search for any file with medieval in it over all my folders and I deleted everythign that didn't belong to the newly downloaded files) Now, I downloaded the fix, okay, and I had to reinstall just the game too, of course. Now...Well, same problem. I deleted everything and still my pc kept saying there's already something installed. Help me.

Gitte
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims medieval won't install. [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 15:05

Remove previous installations with f.e. Revo Uninstaller (free)
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Gitte on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 17:39

Okay, I'll try.

Gitte
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 19:30

@Gitte wrote:(I let my pc search for any file with medieval in it over all my folders and I deleted everything that didn't belong to the newly downloaded files) 

Hello and welcome to the Forum first of all,

In general though, that is not how you should normally remove programs in Windows OS. Even if you used the search function that way, there will still be files related to the game, which don't have anything like "Medieval" in their filenames. Such as the stuff under C:\Program files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information.

For the future, try indeed getting to a proper mode of removing installed apps. REVO Uninstaller is a good program, alternatively Games4theworld  also offers a similar program. "Your uninstaller Pro", you can find it on the TPB-account here. After you uninstalled a program, reboot the computer (!), then you can try installing again.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gitte on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 10:20

Thanks for your answer, but I already uninstalled it with revo and it worked. I've played it for a while yesterday. Fun game so far, shame it didn't get another chance.

Gitte
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 01:23

@Gitte wrote:Thanks for your answer, but I already uninstalled it with revo and it worked. I've played it for a while yesterday. Fun game so far, shame it didn't get another chance.

It's difficult to establish a foothold in the (PC) gaming world with an Medieval-themed game, and with the likes of The Elder Scrolls, Kingdoms of Amalur, and similar more popular titles being prevalent.

That being said, have fun with the game, and feel free to open a new topic anytime again you need support! Problem solved, topic closed.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum