E: the sims 3/caches/sunsetvalley.objectscache.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

E: the sims 3/caches/sunsetvalley.objectscache.

Post by Cannabalistichorror on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 22:08

So i downloaded the sims 3 complete collection. blah blah. ive installed the sims 3 before on a previous computer a few years ago, so i get the gist of how to install. well i mount folder with daemon tools. go to thesims3.exe go threw the install process, put the serial code in and proceed to install. well it gets the the sunsetvalley information and gives me the error : feature transfer error. E:the sims 3/caches/sunsetvalley.objectscache  error: volume for this file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer vaild.

so my question is. What do i do? redownload the whole torrent, or maybe just download thesims3 separately and go from there? I have no clue. someone please help me Dx

Cannabalistichorror
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, FPS, RPG
Female Posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: E: the sims 3/caches/sunsetvalley.objectscache.

Post by Ageha on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 12:33

Hi there,

If you had downloaded the Sims 3 complete collection, there's no need to mount anything, rather, extract the files with WinRar and click on the setup as per normal. Try doing that and see if the error still occurs.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1927

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: E: the sims 3/caches/sunsetvalley.objectscache.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 19:40

@Cannabalistichorror wrote:So i downloaded the sims 3 complete collection. blah blah. ive installed the sims 3 before on a previous computer a few years ago, so i get the gist of how to install. well i mount folder with daemon tools. go to thesims3.exe go threw the install process, put the serial code in and proceed to install. well it gets the the sunsetvalley information and gives me the error : feature transfer error. E:the sims 3/caches/sunsetvalley.objectscache  error: volume for this file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer vaild.

so my question is. What do i do? redownload the whole torrent, or maybe just download thesims3 separately and go from there? I have no clue. someone please help me Dx

Hello,

I'm not sure how exactly your error message came to "fruition", but just in case you wanted to install on a hard-drive different than C: you have to make a few preparations in advance. See the topic here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19680-a-note-on-installing-the-sims-3-on-external-drives

Also note, extraction from Games4theworld's "Complete Sims 3 Collection" .rar archive file, will take a while.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14733

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum