Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

Post by barbsprangs on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 12:48

Hi, when I load the game it's just showing llamas at the main screen instead of the details about the Toddlers stuff pack.

avatar
barbsprangs
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 9
Points : 681
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-21
Age : 21
Location : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

Post by Ageha on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 13:06

Hi there,


Have you tried to re-apply the Toddler's stuff pack again? It looks like the rest of your DLCs are still there so the problem might be the newest stuff pack. Also, take note of the error code 3 fix here

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1944
Points : 3132
Reputation : 294
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

Post by barbsprangs on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 14:43

Hi, I just re-applied the Toddler's stuff pack again as well as the error code 3 fix, and now the game opens and immediately closes.

I'm not sure what's gone wrong, as I've never had this problem with any of the other add-ons.  Wat.
avatar
barbsprangs
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 9
Points : 681
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-21
Age : 21
Location : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 14:54

Try this new Game folder

Delete the existing folder Game and replace
It will make your game English again but you can change it back to Italian via RldOrigin.ini
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4238
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

Post by barbsprangs on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 15:52

@Tarac wrote:Try this new Game folder

Delete the existing folder Game and replace
It will make your game English again but you can change it back to Italian via RldOrigin.ini


Hi. Thank you, I did that and now the game loads, but still has the flying llamas again. I'm not sure what's causing it to happen.
avatar
barbsprangs
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 9
Points : 681
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-21
Age : 21
Location : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

Post by Ageha on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 16:28

@barbsprangs wrote:Hi. Thank you, I did that and now the game loads, but still has the flying llamas again. I'm not sure what's causing it to happen.
How about starting the game without any mods/ccs? Or simply rename your current Sims 4 folder in Documents to sims4backup, and then run the game as administrator. 

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1944
Points : 3132
Reputation : 294
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

Post by barbsprangs on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 17:20

@Ageha wrote:
@barbsprangs wrote:Hi. Thank you, I did that and now the game loads, but still has the flying llamas again. I'm not sure what's causing it to happen.
How about starting the game without any mods/ccs? Or simply rename your current Sims 4 folder in Documents to sims4backup, and then run the game as administrator. 


I did all of that, and the llama's are still showing up.  I'm so unsure of why it's not working correctly.
avatar
barbsprangs
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 9
Points : 681
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-21
Age : 21
Location : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 17:30

@barbsprangs wrote:
@Ageha wrote:
@barbsprangs wrote:Hi. Thank you, I did that and now the game loads, but still has the flying llamas again. I'm not sure what's causing it to happen.
How about starting the game without any mods/ccs? Or simply rename your current Sims 4 folder in Documents to sims4backup, and then run the game as administrator. 


I did all of that, and the llama's are still showing up.  I'm so unsure of why it's not working correctly.
I'm sorry to say that downloads (CC) cause 95% or more of all errors/problems.
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4238
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

Post by barbsprangs on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 17:32

@Tarac wrote:
@barbsprangs wrote:
@Ageha wrote:
@barbsprangs wrote:Hi. Thank you, I did that and now the game loads, but still has the flying llamas again. I'm not sure what's causing it to happen.
How about starting the game without any mods/ccs? Or simply rename your current Sims 4 folder in Documents to sims4backup, and then run the game as administrator. 


I did all of that, and the llama's are still showing up.  I'm so unsure of why it's not working correctly.
I'm sorry to say that downloads (CC) cause 95% or more of all errors/problems.
Yeah, I understand that, but I don't have any in the game.
avatar
barbsprangs
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 9
Points : 681
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-21
Age : 21
Location : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

Post by Ageha on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 18:09

I see. Unfortunately if the CC is not the cause, then the game/pack itself is the problem. Is the llama icon still on the toddler's stuff pack or has it spread? Also, when extracting, did you have any error occurred with winrar? 


The last option is to re-install your entire game, unfortunately. The stop at fitness. Once that works, you can then create a back up copy of your sims, so that in future should you need to update to toddler's stuff pack, there's no need to re-install everything should something go wrong.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1944
Points : 3132
Reputation : 294
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 18:15

@Ageha wrote:I see. Unfortunately if the CC is not the cause, then the game/pack itself is the problem. Is the llama icon still on the toddler's stuff pack or has it spread? Also, when extracting, did you have any error occurred with winrar? 


The last option is to re-install your entire game, unfortunately. The stop at fitness. Once that works, you can then create a back up copy of your sims, so that in future should you need to update to toddler's stuff pack, there's no need to re-install everything should something go wrong.
Let ZLOrigin repair your game.
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4238
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

Post by barbsprangs on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 18:27

@Ageha wrote:I see. Unfortunately if the CC is not the cause, then the game/pack itself is the problem. Is the llama icon still on the toddler's stuff pack or has it spread? Also, when extracting, did you have any error occurred with winrar? 


The last option is to re-install your entire game, unfortunately. The stop at fitness. Once that works, you can then create a back up copy of your sims, so that in future should you need to update to toddler's stuff pack, there's no need to re-install everything should something go wrong.

The llama icon is just on the toddler pack, I had no error with winrar.
Thankfully I backed up before installing Toddler's stuff, so I've reverted back to Fitness. I'm just re-downloading the Toddler's stuff pack again, and hopefully it'll work this time.

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know how it goes.
avatar
barbsprangs
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 9
Points : 681
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-21
Age : 21
Location : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

Post by barbsprangs on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 21:01

@Ageha wrote:I see. Unfortunately if the CC is not the cause, then the game/pack itself is the problem. Is the llama icon still on the toddler's stuff pack or has it spread? Also, when extracting, did you have any error occurred with winrar? 


The last option is to re-install your entire game, unfortunately. The stop at fitness. Once that works, you can then create a back up copy of your sims, so that in future should you need to update to toddler's stuff pack, there's no need to re-install everything should something go wrong.


Hi, weirdly now all the things in the stuff pack show up in the game, but they show llamas where the toddler stuff icon should be, but they're all there and working. Thanks for your help. Smile
avatar
barbsprangs
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 9
Points : 681
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-21
Age : 21
Location : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Llamas instead of game details [SOLVED]

Post by Ageha on Fri 01 Sep 2017, 10:19

@barbsprangs wrote:Hi, weirdly now all the things in the stuff pack show up in the game, but they show llamas where the toddler stuff icon should be, but they're all there and working. Thanks for your help. Smile
I see. Though I'd recommend you to either repair your game via ZLOrigin as Tarac had mentioned, or re-install the entire game again, should the error continue to occur in future packs.  Smile


Feel free to open a new topic if you have any other questions or bugs in-game.
Cheers!

Problem solved; Topic closed.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1944
Points : 3132
Reputation : 294
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum