Can i uninstall some EPs and install others without performing a clean I stall?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can i uninstall some EPs and install others without performing a clean I stall?

Post by emmysmokes on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 07:52

Hi, I downloaded the game from you a while back and it works great (thank you so much)! But i only installed some of the EPs and now that I'm bored with them I'd like to get rid of them and install some others, can I do this safely without uninstalling + reinstalling the whole game? Thanks in advance Smile

emmysmokes
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can i uninstall some EPs and install others without performing a clean I stall?

Post by Tarac on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 09:38

Yes, that should be possible.
Another option is to download the Sims 3 again via ZLOrigin. You are updated to the latest version where you can choose the packs you want to play with.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Can i uninstall some EPs and install others without performing a clean I stall?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 10:11

emmysmokes wrote:Hi, I downloaded the game from you a while back and it works great (thank you so much)! But i only installed some of the EPs and now that I'm bored with them I'd like to get rid of them and install some others, can I do this safely without uninstalling + reinstalling the whole game? Thanks in advance Smile

Hello,

Just make sure that there won't be any issues with uninstalling DLC content. There could be problems when e.g. your savefile was saved in a world that comes with an expansion pack (e.g. Starlight Shores = Showtime), and then you remove the expansion pack, then you won't be able to load your old savefile.

If your computer is strong enough and you have the harddrive space, maybe it's also an idea to just leave all your DLC installed?

Should you go ahead with uninstalling, don't forget to re-boot the computer afterwards.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14293

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by emmysmokes on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 04:55

Thank you both for answering!

I've changed my mind lol. Now I'd like to add Pets to the ones I already have (Island Paradise, Supernatural, Seasons, and Late Night which I'd like to remove). Can I just delete all my saves, uninstall LN and install Pets?

emmysmokes
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by emmysmokes on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 04:57

Tarac wrote:Yes, that should be possible.
Another option is to download the Sims 3 again via ZLOrigin. You are updated to the latest version where you can choose the packs you want to play with.
wait, how does that work?

emmysmokes
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 10:49

emmysmokes wrote:
Tarac wrote:Yes, that should be possible.
wait, how does that work?
See http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple?highlight=ZLOrigin+made#
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :