Installing a missing expansion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing a missing expansion.

Post by The_Rabid_Rabbit on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 20:35

I find that after I installed all expansions through 'Toddlers Stuff' , I did not have 'City Living'. My question is..

Do I have to re-install everything that came after 'City Living', or if I install 'TS4_UpdateOnlyFix_1-33-38-1020' after 'City Living', will this retain my other expansions and fix the game?

As you can tell, I am a newbie to TS4..thank you for helping the sim - challenged.

The_Rabid_Rabbit
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4, Witcher 3,Grim Dawn,Torchlight 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installing a missing expansion.

Post by Loonieloose on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 22:33

Please, please do not use the update only fix. If you read the post that comes with it it states clearly that it is only for those players that have NO DLC's and it will delete all your Dlc's returning the game to base game only.

As far as I know you must install everything again after installing city living. The way these packages work is like a chain, remove a link and the chain is broken and will not work. You must install everything in the order specified in the instructions. Please also look at the fixes for problems you might experience.

hope this helps a bit

Loonieloose
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 536

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Fri 15 Sep 2017, 11:16

@The_Rabid_Rabbit wrote:I find that after I installed all expansions through 'Toddlers Stuff' , I did not have 'City Living'. My question is..

Do I have to re-install everything that came after 'City Living', or if I install 'TS4_UpdateOnlyFix_1-33-38-1020' after 'City Living', will this retain my other expansions and fix the game?

As you can tell, I am a newbie to TS4..thank you for helping the sim - challenged.
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

If you noticed that the City Living is not there, whether it's grey-ed out at the main menu or some items missing, installed the DLC again like Loonieloose had mentioned. 
City Living - Vampire - DELETE game folder - Parenthood - Fitness - Tot's stuff - Error Code 3 fix.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum