Can't start The Sims 4.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't start The Sims 4.

Post by ZenChan on Sat 16 Sep 2017, 11:58

Dear G4TW support staff,

I've been following you for years and I am really thankful for the work you are doing.

Anyway, after the installation of toddler stuff and applying the fix, the game worked normally. The last time I played it was last night. However, since this morning I can't start it at all. I've been applying the fix again, since it's the same issue as when I installed the game but nothing helps.

I start the game as administrator, it appears in the background programs of task manager and after approximately 30 seconds it disappears.

I don't know how can I fix this issue, any help would be highly appreciated.

Best regards!

UPDATE: I replaced the Sims 4 folder in Documents and it works without saves/mods/ or tray. I assume the problem is custom content but problem is that I can't figure out what's wrong, considering that the game worked with this content just fine before.

ZenChan
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't start The Sims 4.

Post by totalsims on Sat 16 Sep 2017, 13:20

It might be custom contents related.
The present official version now is 1.34.18.1020 and the G4TW still is 1.33.38.1020
You can try updating your G4TW game Censored
Extract with winrar and copy folders over to your install folder.

Mod edit: link censored due to being obsolete.

- The_gh0stm4n

totalsims
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 20 Sep 2017, 16:57

@ZenChan wrote:Dear G4TW support staff,

I've been following you for years and I am really thankful for the work you are doing.

Anyway, after the installation of toddler stuff and applying the fix, the game worked normally. The last time I played it was last night. However, since this morning I can't start it at all. I've been applying the fix again, since it's the same issue as when I installed the game but nothing helps.

I start the game as administrator, it appears in the background programs of task manager and after approximately 30 seconds it disappears.

I don't know how can I fix this issue, any help would be highly appreciated.

Best regards!

UPDATE: I replaced the Sims 4 folder in Documents and it works without saves/mods/ or tray. I assume the problem is custom content but problem is that I can't figure out what's wrong, considering that the game worked with this content just fine before.

Welcome to the Forum @ZenChan and sorry for the late reply,

Can you try deleting the file localthumbcache.package under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and then try the game again?  elephant  You can also try removing custom content pieces one-by-one, and maybe from there pinpoint if just one of these items is causing the issues. Depending on how many items you have that process can take time, but then again: that#s what we all have to deal with, when using (lots of) custom content.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum