Restricted from the use of PM.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Restricted from the use of PM.

Post by Tarac on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 17:41

In accordance with rule 11 of the forumrules I herewith wish to file a complaint.

I'm in conflict with a Moderator about the use of shortened URL's.
In my view this already is a shortened URL  -FORUMRULES
This is the full URL - http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t22990-forum-rules#153250

According to the moderator in question, only this is a shortened URL - FORUMRULES

As a result of this "conflict" the moderator restricted access, as some kind of punishment, to my PM facilities

Spot the differences !
They all 3 lead to the same webpage where again, in all 3 cases, the full link will be visable anyhow.

Awaiting your reply
Tarac
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

RESTRICTED FROM THE USE OF PM

Post by Aɾყα on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 19:20

Tarac wrote:In accordance with rule 11 of the forumrules I herewith wish to file a complaint.

This is the full URL - http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t22990-forum-rules#153250

According to the moderator in question, only this is a shortened URL - FORUMRULES

As a result of this "conflict" the moderator restricted access, as some kind of punishment, to my PM facilities

Spot the differences !
They all 3 lead to the same webpage where again, in all 3 cases, the full link will be visable anyhow.

Awaiting your reply
Tarac

While I understand your annoyance with this particular request, the use of URL shorteners has been a requirement on this forum for quite some time. It was decided on by Admin himself, as you can see here (quote taken from "Team Code of Conduct", written on September 2nd, 2014)

Adwomin wrote:Dear Quartermasters and Moderators,

[...]

12.) As a team member of Games4theworld, you are allowed to post outside download links, under special circumstances. This rule is an exception from rule 7.) above, which forbids normal users to post links to torrent, filesharing or warez sites. If a user needs support on an issue, and you feel you need to post such an outside link, please make sure that you post a safe link (of course), and also make sure to use URL shorteners to "mask" the link(s). Examples for URL shorterners are goo.gl or bit.ly. Also note that if normal users post such links, in response to other users, make sure to check those links. If the link is helpful and safe, please make sure to edit the user's post and mask the link that way. Even if rule 7.) forbids normal users to post these links, you should exercise leniency, and make exceptions if the link that the user posted is helpful and safe. However, if the link is just spam, advertisement, or has no connection with any help request whatsoever, please censor those links, and remind the user of forum rule 7. If needed, an Administrator can step in. Sometimes an Administrator may grant special permission to a regular user to post links.

[...]

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15110

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Restricted from the use of PM.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 19:30

Tarac wrote:In accordance with rule 11 of the forumrules I herewith wish to file a complaint.

Spot the differences !

Awaiting your reply
Tarac

Not sure why you are even venting your grievances here, after everything has already been explained (many, many times). The shortened URL is really just about visibility on the Forum itself. It must not "look" like some external piracy/filehosting site. Once you click on it, OK, you get there. The visibility or shorting of the link refers to the Forum post itself. And yes, only the third example in your post is a shortened link, and allowed. Though Forum URLs don't need to be shortened. Are you not seeing how I myself link all the time?

That aside, are you posting here to "gather public support" for your cause? 

Do you want us to "restrict your facilities" even more?

And guess what: you are not in the position to re-invent or re-interpret basic Forum rules.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14293

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 21:38

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Spot the differences !

Awaiting your reply
Tarac

Not sure why you are even venting your grievances here, after everything has already been explained (many, many times). The shortened URL is really just about visibility on the Forum itself. It must not "look" like some external piracy/filehosting site. Once you click on it, OK, you get there. The visibility or shorting of the link refers to the Forum post itself. And yes, only the third example in your post is a shortened link, and allowed. Though Forum URLs don't need to be shortened. Are you not seeing how I myself link all the time?

That aside, are you posting here to "gather public support" for your cause? 

And guess what: you are not in the position to re-invent or re-interpret basic Forum rules.
Forumrule 11 sttes that when in conflict and the conflict still exists after mailing with the moderator involved, one can raise the question in a special part of the forum.
So that's what I did. Not at all intended to attract public support, but is was my last source.
And yes, here we go again

The answer to that question for the moment is: YES, go ahead, you like it !
 (Forumrules 13)
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 21:47

Tarac wrote:Forumrule 11 sttes that when in conflict and the conflict still exists after mailing with the moderator involved, one can raise the question in a special part of the forum.
So that's what I did. Not at all intended to attract public support, but is was my last source.

Wow, no argument or comment whatsoever on the actual issue at hand. You made this post to seek a different opinion than mine? So, where are your comments about the Code of Conduct, now that an Administrator even got back to you? 

And of course that is what Forum #11 states. But as you are well aware, abstract rules (and real-life laws for that matter) can never be formulated in a way to capture even remotely all possible outcomes/variations of specific events. I'm sure as an experienced Forum Administrator on your own site you are fully aware of this phenomenon.

In your case, you "can" of course vent on here. But in practice it makes you look somewhat estranged, given the very clear communication that took place beforehand, plus the fact that linking issues have been addressed so many times before, plus the fact that everybody is linking in the same way except you. Don't you think?

Either way, you're out.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14293

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum