Get together DLC problem.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get together DLC problem.

Post by Abzos on Fri 22 Sep 2017, 02:58

Hello, I'm new in this forum. My english is not very good so sorry in advance.
I installed the base game and the Get To Work expansion pack and they both worked perfectly, but when I add Get Together and try to open it, it crashes and says "Origin is not running" or something along those lines. I did some research and another person had the same problem as me, but I didn't quite understood what they did to fix it. I tried installing Get Together and then City Living, but it still wouldn't open. Can somebody help me?

Abzos
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4, Minecraft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get together DLC problem.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 22 Sep 2017, 16:49

Abzos wrote:Hello, I'm new in this forum. My english is not very good so sorry in advance.
I installed the base game and the Get To Work expansion pack and they both worked perfectly, but when I add Get Together and try to open it, it crashes and says "Origin is not running" or something along those lines. I did some research and another person had the same problem as me, but I didn't quite understood what they did to fix it. I tried installing Get Together and then City Living, but it still wouldn't open. Can somebody help me?

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Abzos,

Did you move your installation folder of The Sims 4, directly under C:\Program files (x86) - so, out of "Electronic Arts"? That's the first thing to check out. Then try running the game again. Good luck for now! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abzos on Sat 23 Sep 2017, 01:44

Yes, I did. A few times, actually. I even tried doing it again now, but it still crashes. At first I thought this might have to do with the note that was at the end of the installation guide that says "NOTE that this game is updated often. DO NOT update right away, because that will break your old crack. " so I tried leaving the game for one day and then trying, but still nothing.

Abzos
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 23 Sep 2017, 19:06

Abzos wrote:Yes, I did. A few times, actually. I even tried doing it again now, but it still crashes. At first I thought this might have to do with the note that was at the end of the installation guide that says "NOTE that this game is updated often. DO NOT update right away, because that will break your old crack. " so I tried leaving the game for one day and then trying, but still nothing.

Can you try re-installing the "City Living" pack? See also this here:
http://goo.gl/GJgFXJ

It seems the Origin is not running-error has become somewhat less common these days (in part due to the 'new' crack-type being used?). You probably don't want to install the entire DLC pack anyhow yet, but maybe City Living alone can change something.

Good luck!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abzos on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 14:31

It still doesn't work. Thanks for helping me, by the way.
I have a copy of everything; the base game, the DLCs, my game files (saves), and so on. So even if I can't play with the Get Together expansion pack, I can do it with Get To Work. I've already tried several times installing Get Together, so maybe there is something wrong with my files? Maybe my anti-virus deleted something, since the first time I opened TS4 the anti-virus stopped it and asked me if I wanted to delete it, but that was when I installed Get To Work.

Abzos
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum