The Program Can't Start Because MSVCR120.dll + MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer ERROR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Program Can't Start Because MSVCR120.dll + MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer ERROR

Post by owlsparks199 on Fri 22 Sep 2017, 04:24

There is already a topic about this error, but I will list what I have done. 
I have deleted my Sims 4 files then repaired it and re-extracted all the files I want then reinstalled them, applied all fixes. 
I've tried manually installing the missing files, as well as Microsoft Visual C++ 2017. 
I am running Windows 10, and my only anti-virus is the default Windows Defender. 
Any advice or help would be very useful, I've even tried Microsoft suggested fixes and those did not work either.

owlsparks199
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Program Can't Start Because MSVCR120.dll + MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer ERROR

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 22 Sep 2017, 16:52

owlsparks199 wrote:There is already a topic about this error, but I will list what I have done. 
I have deleted my Sims 4 files then repaired it and re-extracted all the files I want then reinstalled them, applied all fixes. 
I've tried manually installing the missing files, as well as Microsoft Visual C++ 2017. 
I am running Windows 10, and my only anti-virus is the default Windows Defender. 
Any advice or help would be very useful, I've even tried Microsoft suggested fixes and those did not work either.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @owlsparks199,

Have you had a look at these here?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t20398-the-procedure-entry-point-____-could-not-be-located-msvcp120-dll-is-missing

Try re-downloading the linked runtimes, and then re-installing them. Use the option "Repair" if needed, then try the game again. Usually that error is solved easily...although, you said you "repaired" the game? How? Are you running zlOrigin?

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14431

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Program Can't Start Because MSVCR120.dll + MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer ERROR

Post by owlsparks199 on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 18:00

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
owlsparks199 wrote:There is already a topic about this error, but I will list what I have done. 

Hello and welcome to the Forum @owlsparks199,

Have you had a look at these here?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t20398-the-procedure-entry-point-____-could-not-be-located-msvcp120-dll-is-missing

Try re-downloading the linked runtimes, and then re-installing them. Use the option "Repair" if needed, then try the game again. Usually that error is solved easily...although, you said you "repaired" the game? How? Are you running zlOrigin?
I had to install visual c++ 2013x64 and x86 and then reinstall the game and it worked. I repaired the game by clicking the installer again and it gave me 3 options, modify, repair, and uninstall.

owlsparks199
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum