Struggling to follow "How to Install Correctly" instructions due to drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Struggling to follow "How to Install Correctly" instructions due to drive

Post by joannabelle on Sun 24 Sep 2017, 18:57

So I tried my best to find help on this but couldn't see the same problem anywhere.
I have a legit Sims 3 base game and Pets, World Adventures, Late Night and Fast lane expansions. I'm in the process of downloading more expansion torrents from here and ANYWAY my issue is: when I'm following these instructions http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly# I can't get past number 2 of the manual patch as an error message shows saying something like "no version of The Sims 3 was found installed". I believe that this may be as I have my game installed to my (D:) flash drive and intend to install my expansions to the same place. 
I'm wondering how to fix this and whether this location will cause problems when I come to installing the expansions?
Thank you Smile

joannabelle
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Struggling to follow "How to Install Correctly" instructions due to drive

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 22:36

@joannabelle wrote:So I tried my best to find help on this but couldn't see the same problem anywhere.
I have a legit Sims 3 base game and Pets, World Adventures, Late Night and Fast lane expansions. I'm in the process of downloading more expansion torrents from here and ANYWAY my issue is: when I'm following these instructions http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly# I can't get past number 2 of the manual patch as an error message shows saying something like "no version of The Sims 3 was found installed". I believe that this may be as I have my game installed to my (D:) flash drive and intend to install my expansions to the same place. 
I'm wondering how to fix this and whether this location will cause problems when I come to installing the expansions?
Thank you Smile

Hello @joannabelle and welcome to the Forum,

I assume you have an Origin-based version of The Sims 3, and you are trying to apply the cracked DLC on top of it? Note that the guide you linked to is primarily meant for people who have only cracked games (so base game plus DLC). It used to work well in the past, but it seems nowadays - maybe due to the 1.69 patch - problems seem somewhat more common. Interestingly though, it works for some, but not others.

If you cannot get it working otherwise, consider going for a cracked base game as well. Smile

Warning: TEA

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help us seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

You can E-MAIL me about general questions & site navigation. Also, after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum and NOT getting a reply, you can e-mail me for Support as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.), Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 15754

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum