The Sims 1 Complete Collection - install + crack as instructed, still asks for CD on clicking on icon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 1 Complete Collection - install + crack as instructed, still asks for CD on clicking on icon?

Post by LKay865 on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 00:03

Hi all,

I've just downloaded and installed The Sims 1 Complete Collection from G4TW, and followed the instructions exactly. The platform I'm running is XP (actual XP on a rather old laptop - there is more than enough space/RAM to run the game though).

Everything i.e. installation went smoothly. I replaced the sims.exe file to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\The Sims folder from the #Crack folder. 

I would try running as admin however because it's such an old laptop nobody knows the administrator password! 

The game will not play and just keeps asking for the correct CD-ROM... I thought the cracked file would have sorted this issue? 

Any ideas?!  Embarrassing...

I just wanna go back to 1999 and play The Sims and relive my childhood lol  Why God.

LKay865
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

Favourite games : The Sims (1 and 2), Theme Hospital, Grand Theft Auto, Crash Bandicoot, Simcity 3000
Female Posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 1 Complete Collection - install + crack as instructed, still asks for CD on clicking on icon?

Post by Polarbear on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 16:07

The Sims can only be started as an Administrator.
You don't need to know the password, just rightclick on sims.exe and select Run as Administrator.
Polarbear
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 1 Complete Collection - install + crack as instructed, still asks for CD on clicking on icon?

Post by Ageha on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 17:29

@Polarbear wrote:The Sims can only be started as an Administrator.
You don't need to know the password, just rightclick on sims.exe and select Run as Administrator.
Hi @LKay865 and welcome to the forum! Smile

I had just download and install the game myself and did not encounter any error. Make sure that you click on the correct .exe and if you have any shortcuts, make sure that it's pointed to the correct location. Adding to the above, you can also right - click the .exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> check 'Run program as adminsitrator'. While under that tab, you can also run the compatibility troubleshooter or run the program in a compatible mode.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 18:17

@Ageha wrote:Adding to the above, you can also right - click the .exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> check 'Run program as adminsitrator'. While under that tab, you can also run the compatibility troubleshooter or run the program in a compatible mode.

I don't think there is such an option on Windows XP (feel free to correct me though). Example screenshot from my own old laptop that still has Windows XP.

You indeed have to right-click on an .exe and choose "run as...". After which you will get to this here.

But I don't think if you run an old game under an old Windows system, this thing with "run as Administrator" is that relevant. Maybe it is, but probably not common. That thing is mostly found on more modern Windows systems.

Other ideas @LKay865: maybe the cracked .exe gets deleted by anti-virus software? Or the original .exe was not actually replaced with the cracked one...?

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 20:05

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:I don't think there is such an option on Windows XP (feel free to correct me though). Example screenshot from my own old laptop that still has Windows XP.
Ah, apologies. Then disregard my comment. Lol /Should have search for an example before posting.
Dedicated to Carlos

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 20:18

@Ageha wrote:Ah, apologies. Then disregard my comment. Lol /Should have search for an example before posting.
Dedicated to Carlos

We've got a Carlos.  Awesome Emote  Warning: TEA   Piece of cake.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum