Serious Lagging In Game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Serious Lagging In Game.

Post by silviya93 on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 13:49

Hey guys, 

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I am experiencing in Sims 3. 
To be completely honest, I very bad with game technical info, graphics and all those mods and stuff that seem so confusing to me. I've been playing for quite some time now but it is pretty basic - I have some custom content but nothing too complicated (I hope you understand what I'm trying to say). 

A week or so ago, I started experiencing some problems with starting the game and the black screen, installing sims3packs through the launcher and the occasional crashing while playing but I got all those things sorted out. But another problem turned up - my game lags like a loooot!
Everything seems normal during loading but when I start playing the actions my sims should be performing take forever. They can sit in front of the fridge for two hours before actually grabbing something to eat or stand in front of other sims for hours before completing a simple action like "chat". It is strange because the game isn't actually stuck or not responding - I can make them do other stuff but they seem to take forever to actually perform the actions. 

Also, sometimes I seem to be experiencing problems with the game clock. Sometimes the time is stuck without the game being actually stuck - the sims continue to wait forever to perform their actions, I press pause followed by play and pause again, and the game clock jumps two or three hours ahead without any action being performed at all. I know that the game isn't stuck because I can see my sims just swinging their hands and stuff. 

I've read somewhere that I can use nraas's Overwatch to delete homeless sims and abandoned cars. I did that but still no improvement in the lagging. 

I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some tips on how to fix or at least minimise the problem. 
Thank you very much in advance.

silviya93
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Lagging In Game.

Post by Polarbear on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 15:43

95% of all problems are caused by CC.
Start a fresh Sims 3 game by renaming your The Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 3_old.
Then start your game again.
You now seem to have lost all your own sims, houses, downloads etc. It's like your first day with the Sims 3.

But when the game goes smoothly now, you can try and start to restore details from your folder The Sims 3_old to the newly created folder The Sims 3
Polarbear
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 16:19

@silviya93 wrote:Hey guys, 

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I am experiencing in Sims 3. 
To be completely honest, I very bad with game technical info, graphics and all those mods and stuff that seem so confusing to me. I've been playing for quite some time now but it is pretty basic - I have some custom content but nothing too complicated (I hope you understand what I'm trying to say). 

A week or so ago, I started experiencing some problems with starting the game and the black screen, installing sims3packs through the launcher and the occasional crashing while playing but I got all those things sorted out. But another problem turned up - my game lags like a loooot!
Everything seems normal during loading but when I start playing the actions my sims should be performing take forever. They can sit in front of the fridge for two hours before actually grabbing something to eat or stand in front of other sims for hours before completing a simple action like "chat". It is strange because the game isn't actually stuck or not responding - I can make them do other stuff but they seem to take forever to actually perform the actions. 

Also, sometimes I seem to be experiencing problems with the game clock. Sometimes the time is stuck without the game being actually stuck - the sims continue to wait forever to perform their actions, I press pause followed by play and pause again, and the game clock jumps two or three hours ahead without any action being performed at all. I know that the game isn't stuck because I can see my sims just swinging their hands and stuff. 

I've read somewhere that I can use nraas's Overwatch to delete homeless sims and abandoned cars. I did that but still no improvement in the lagging. 

I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some tips on how to fix or at least minimise the problem. 

Welcome to the Forum @silviya93,

I guess you are implying by the message that your game had been working fine at some point in the past, and that the lagging happened rather suddenly? Did you add any other mods or custom content to the game besides NRAAS Overwatch, and if yes, how many items exactly?

Also, how many GB of RAM does your computer have installed, and is your Windows a 32-bit or 64-bit version?

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 15952

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silviya93 on Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:03

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@silviya93 wrote:Hey guys, 

Welcome to the Forum @silviya93,

I guess you are implying by the message that your game had been working fine at some point in the past, and that the lagging happened rather suddenly? Did you add any other mods or custom content to the game besides NRAAS Overwatch, and if yes, how many items exactly?

Also, how many GB of RAM does your computer have installed, and is your Windows a 32-bit or 64-bit version?

Hello and thank you for your answer. 

Yes, it worked just fine apart from the occasional freezing but without the game crashing or anything. 
About the mods and cc - no, not really, I've been playing with the same mods and cc from the beginning as I have had problems with a few that have prevented my game from loading completely or crashing after a few minutes of game play but I identified those and removed them. 

To be honest, I did install one custom world and when I tried playing in it, it was not only lagging as hell but also freezing the entire game. But in the description of the world, it did say that it lags a lot and that I should try and do some stuff (deleting homeless sims and the other thing was to download a mod similar to the NRAAS Overwatch but the link was broken so I didn't do that). But after a couple of unsuccessful attempts to play in this world, I removed it. 

After that I tried playing in the official worlds and it started lagging in those too. I thought that the custom world might have messed up my game in some way so I reinstalled the game completely, tried playing without the cc and mods but it lagged even without those. 

Amm, I have about 15 mods (mostly from NRAAS) and about 2000 cc. The RAM of my PC is 4GB and it is a 64-bit version (Windows 8.1 Enterprise - not sure if that is relevant).

Thank you very much for your help.

//EDIT

@Polarbear wrote:95% of all problems are caused by CC.
Start a fresh Sims 3 game by renaming your The Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 3_old.
Then start your game again.
You now seem to have lost all your own sims, houses, downloads etc. It's like your first day with the Sims 3.

But when the game goes smoothly now, you can try and start to restore details from your folder The Sims 3_old to the newly created folder The Sims 3

Thank you for your help but I did try that. It didn't work at all. I actually did that and after it didn't help, I tried re-installing the whole game and it was too without any improvements.

silviya93
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 21 Oct 2017, 12:19

Since you only have 4GB of RAM it may not do much, but still try applying the 4GB patch, available here:
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Apply it to your TS3W.exe file, in the Game\Bin subdirectory. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched", and then start up the game again. See to what extent your performance has improved. It should help a little.

Carlos is tha man

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 15952

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum