ZLOrigin disconnects my internet.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin disconnects my internet.

Post by miseriabello5 on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 19:42

I have been trying to redownload The Sims 4 through ZLOrigin but every time it will get about 15% through and disconnects the internet. If it happened just once there wouldn't be an issue but every few % it does it over and over again.
It did not do this the first time I had used it. Now that I would like to reinstall it just keeps disconnecting me and I am forced to restart my router in order to get everything working again. Why would this program have an effect on something like this? 

Has anyone else had this type of issue and is there a solution or should I just give up hope of ever using ZClient again?
miseriabello5
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin disconnects my internet.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 22:17

@miseriabello5 wrote:I have been trying to redownload The Sims 4 through ZLOrigin but every time it will get about 15% through and disconnects the internet. If it happened just once there wouldn't be an issue but every few % it does it over and over again.
It did not do this the first time I had used it. Now that I would like to reinstall it just keeps disconnecting me and I am forced to restart my router in order to get everything working again. Why would this program have an effect on something like this? 

Has anyone else had this type of issue and is there a solution or should I just give up hope of ever using ZClient again?

Hello @miseriabello5,

Your "regular" (browser-based) downloads and the torrent downloads are working fine, I assume?

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miseriabello5 on Sat 21 Oct 2017, 01:04

Yes, sir! This is the only program I have ever had an issue with. I have used it before but I messed something up (The game was glitchy so I tried a "repair game" option and everything got ruined), but I have since then realized what was wrong and fixed the problem but now it will not let me redownload the game.
miseriabello5
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Polarbear on Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:43

@miseriabello5 wrote:Yes, sir! This is the only program I have ever had an issue with. I have used it before but I messed something up (The game was glitchy so I tried a "repair game" option and everything got ruined), but I have since then realized what was wrong and fixed the problem but now it will not let me redownload the game.
I had a simular problem with ZLOrigin.
I thought it was installing in directory A but in fact it installed in directory B and consequently there was nothing to Repair or Re-download.
Search your computer for the file ZUpdater32.dll and see where located.
Polarbear
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miseriabello5 on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 08:27

It will not even let me download the game in general so there is no file to locate. It disconnects my internet connection before it ever finishes.
miseriabello5
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Any answers or suggestions?

Post by miseriabello5 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 02:03

Does anyone have any type of suggestions or a possible solution?
miseriabello5
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loonieloose on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 11:24

Hi there,
How fast is your Internet? Mine disconnects frequently but I know that is because of an atrociously slow internet connection. Takes ages to update etc.

Loonieloose
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 536

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miseriabello5 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 18:29

I have never had any issues until I tried to download this game. My internet does not mess up any other time. It is at about 51mbps. There should be no reason for it to just disconnect. I tried to spend an entire day downloading and resetting my router constantly but even after the downloads did not work properly and something went wrong.
miseriabello5
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dandelion on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 11:13

Have you tried to delete ZLOrigin by opening the folder ZLOrigin in Program Files and clicking unins000.exe ?
Then re-install ZLOrigin.

Dandelion
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miseriabello5 on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 17:06

Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it all. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
miseriabello5
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iMCrafter on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 20:37

@miseriabello5 wrote:Does anyone have any type of suggestions or a possible solution?
Ok, go to settings on ZLOrigin - Advanced and activate Secure Download, its a bit slower but it could help.

iMCrafter
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims Franchise, Portal 1 & 2, HL Series and Many Others
Male Posts : 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miseriabello5 on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 19:19

I appreciate everyone's suggestions etc but nothing has helped. Thank you all for trying though!
miseriabello5
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 19:39

@miseriabello5 wrote:I appreciate everyone's suggestions etc but nothing has helped. Thank you all for trying though!

If it's not a state secret to ask (and for you OK to post in public here)...what is your Internet Service Provider? It's not likely, but from reading your first post, I suspected that your ISP could have "tampered" somehow with your internet. See this:

@miseriabello5 wrote:(...) Why would this program have an effect on something like this? 

I suppose we could try doing some research, even if we can't come up with a solution immediately. 

Another thing I brought up back then: what if we - in theory - downloaded an entire "The Sims 4" folder from zlOrigin, and provided it here as a torrent? And kept up doing so until the end of the game's lifespan? Would such a folder be "usable" for people using zlOrigin? Not that we are (at least at present moment) really willing to go forward with that idea, but just as a thought.

Looking for bad joke

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dandelion on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 11:23

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Another thing I brought up back then: what if we - in theory - downloaded an entire "The Sims 4" folder from zlOrigin, and provided it here as a torrent? And kept up doing so until the end of the game's lifespan? Would such a folder be "usable" for people using zlOrigin? Not that we are (at least at present moment) really willing to go forward with that idea, but just as a thought.

Looking for bad joke
When you have ZLOrigin already such a torrent is useless. Every time a new DLC is coming out, you'll have to upload/download over 22 GB again and again. Also downloading from ZLOrigin is just as fast as via a torrent with a lot of seeders. (I download the complete Sims 4 serie in approx 30 minutes from ZLOrigin)

For those not using ZLOrigin it might be quite useful.
Start f.e. with base upto and incl. Toddler Stuff in 1 download. All problems with changing Game folders, moving out of Electronic Arts and 3 es solved.
I suggest such a download would be in .iso format as extracting such large files with Winrar takes too long. In Windows nowadays you no longer need programs like Daemon or Poweriso to mount an iso.
Before you upload the torrent, change the folder Game from the ZLOrigin version to a cracked version (or add an additional folder Game_cracked).

Dandelion
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 16:22

@Dandelion wrote:When you have ZLOrigin already such a torrent is useless.

Well, in this instance the OP and some others don't have zlOrigin, at the end of the day. Regarding these (rare) cases my question was more of a theoretical nature, but yes. I figured so much, that in practice it's probably not going to be worth the effort for us to keep re-uploading large chunks of data.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dandelion on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 17:02

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Dandelion wrote:When you have ZLOrigin already such a torrent is useless.

Well, in this instance the OP and some others don't have zlOrigin, at the end of the day. Regarding these (rare) cases my question was more of a theoretical nature, but yes. I figured so much, that in practice it's probably not going to be worth the effort for us to keep re-uploading large chunks of data.
As I said before, it would be extremely helpfull when there was just 1 torrent for the base game upto and incl. Toddler Stuff. It would solve at least 50% of the questions asked on this forum.
Even 1 torrent for Vampires/Toddlers/Bowling -> Toddler Stuff could solve a lot of problems.
The "must read" guide is (for some people) too complicated.
Sadly, many people don't want to read large amounts of text, they'd rather see it all compressed to 1 emoj, lol.

For the none ZLOrigin users such a download would make sense

Dandelion
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miseriabello5 on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 19:25

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@miseriabello5 wrote:I appreciate everyone's suggestions etc but nothing has helped. Thank you all for trying though!

If it's not a state secret to ask (and for you OK to post in public here)...what is your Internet Service Provider? It's not likely, but from reading your first post, I suspected that your ISP could have "tampered" somehow with your internet. See this:

I have Suddenlink
miseriabello5
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down