CRC errors. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRC errors. [SOLVED]

Post by missmint on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 05:16

I downloaded everything from here, the base game and the expansions (no stuff). I've been following the guide http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly# - Base game, manual patch, install the expansions you want. I have Ultimate Fix too and replaced the files I could already. I succesfuly installed some, however I keep getting CRC errors for Ambitions, Generations, Island Paradise, and Into the Future. When I try to do University Life it asks for a disk and I don't see an .iso in the folder nor is that mentioned in the instructions included. I've looked around, tried different things people have tried and no luck so I decided to make an account to get some help.

missmint
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims
Posts : 3
Points : 94
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CRC errors. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 22:26

@missmint wrote:I downloaded everything from here, the base game and the expansions (no stuff). I've been following the guide http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly# - Base game, manual patch, install the expansions you want. I have Ultimate Fix too and replaced the files I could already. I succesfuly installed some, however I keep getting CRC errors for Ambitions, Generations, Island Paradise, and Into the Future. When I try to do University Life it asks for a disk and I don't see an .iso in the folder nor is that mentioned in the instructions included. I've looked around, tried different things people have tried and no luck so I decided to make an account to get some help.


Welcome to the Forum @missmint and sorry again for the belated reply, WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Games4theworld generally packs all their uploads in the .rar file format. This format is best extracted with the program WinRAR. You can find WinRAR (5.40) on the downloads-page, or alternatively HERE.

The way you do this is to create separate folders for each expansion/stuffpack you want to install. So one for e.g. Ambitions, another one for Island paradise, etc. You get the idea. You have to extract the contents of a .rar file, into one specific folder, and install that DLC, from said folder. Then extract the next .rar, into a NEW (!) folder, install again from there, etc. Rinse and repeat with the rest.

Good luck!  Looking for bad joke

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 15003
Points : 19947
Reputation : 2120
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CRC errors. [SOLVED]

Post by missmint on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 22:34

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@missmint wrote:I downloaded everything from here, the base game and the expansions (no stuff). I've been following the guide http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly# - Base game, manual patch, install the expansions you want. I have Ultimate Fix too and replaced the files I could already. I succesfuly installed some, however I keep getting CRC errors for Ambitions, Generations, Island Paradise, and Into the Future. When I try to do University Life it asks for a disk and I don't see an .iso in the folder nor is that mentioned in the instructions included. I've looked around, tried different things people have tried and no luck so I decided to make an account to get some help.


Welcome to the Forum @missmint and sorry again for the belated reply, WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Games4theworld generally packs all their uploads in the .rar file format. This format is best extracted with the program WinRAR. You can find WinRAR (5.40) on the downloads-page, or alternatively HERE.

The way you do this is to create separate folders for each expansion/stuffpack you want to install. So one for e.g. Ambitions, another one for Island paradise, etc. You get the idea. You have to extract the contents of a .rar file, into one specific folder, and install that DLC, from said folder. Then extract the next .rar, into a NEW (!) folder, install again from there, etc. Rinse and repeat with the rest.

Good luck!  Looking for bad joke

Unfortunately I did that with WinRAR and I am still asked for a disc for University and get CRC errors with  Ambitions, Generations, Island Paradise, and Into the Future.

missmint
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims
Posts : 3
Points : 94
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CRC errors. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 22:49

If you want to play the game now, you can/should re-apply steps #2, #4 and #5 here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Make sure to copy/paste those Ultimate Fix-files into the correct location and also to actually replace the existing files!

As for the expansions that don't work for you, I hope you downloaded them 100% in your torrent client? (you wouldn't believe how many people haven't). If you have though, and you also have the torrents running as "seeding", try the little trick here. Right-click on a TS3 torrent that is seeding in your client and choose "STOP". Right-click again and choose "Force re-check". This can take a little while to complete, but when it's done try re-extracting with WinRAR and then try installing again.

If this trick with the Force re-check doesn't work for you it may be necessary that you re-download those dysfunctional torrents, but this time with a different torrent client than the one you used previously.

I'm so happy emergaw

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 15003
Points : 19947
Reputation : 2120
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CRC errors. [SOLVED]

Post by missmint on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 22:04

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:If you want to play the game now, you can/should re-apply steps #2, #4 and #5 here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Make sure to copy/paste those Ultimate Fix-files into the correct location and also to actually replace the existing files!

As for the expansions that don't work for you, I hope you downloaded them 100% in your torrent client? (you wouldn't believe how many people haven't). If you have though, and you also have the torrents running as "seeding", try the little trick here. Right-click on a TS3 torrent that is seeding in your client and choose "STOP". Right-click again and choose "Force re-check". This can take a little while to complete, but when it's done try re-extracting with WinRAR and then try installing again.

If this trick with the Force re-check doesn't work for you it may be necessary that you re-download those dysfunctional torrents, but this time with a different torrent client than the one you used previously.

I'm so happy emergaw
I got everything now, thanks.

missmint
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims
Posts : 3
Points : 94
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CRC errors. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 19:08

@missmint wrote:I got everything now, thanks.


Nice to hear! Feel free to open a new topic, and get in touch with us anytime if you need more Support. Until then, have fun with the game! Problem solved, topic closed.

I tip my fedora.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 15003
Points : 19947
Reputation : 2120
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CRC errors. [SOLVED]

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum