Loading forever. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by ravenhalex on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 02:28

this fix did not work for me I am having the same issue and after applying this fix instead of loading forever it now just crashes or goes back to the world select, the game works fine with the first 3 DLC but whenever I try to download that 4th one it always does that, your all good at giving clear instructions and I was able to follow them well enough so I'm not sure what the issue could be

ravenhalex
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 11
Points : 53
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by Ageha on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 10:53

Hi @ravenhalex 

the game works fine with the first 3 DLC but whenever I try to download that 4th one
By the first 3 DLC is should be Get to Work, Get Together and City Living. The 4th is Vampire. Did you install anything after the Vampire update?

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962
Points : 3180
Reputation : 295
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by ravenhalex on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 11:27

@Ageha wrote:Hi @ravenhalex 

the game works fine with the first 3 DLC but whenever I try to download that 4th one
By the first 3 DLC is should be Get to Work, Get Together and City Living. The 4th is Vampire. Did you install anything after the Vampire update?
yes those are the first 3 I installed, no I didn't install anything else after that, should I have? I didn't install the rest of them this time but I did install everything the first time but it had the same loading problem like that so I had to completely uninstall and remove everything and start all over and instead just install the first 3 DLC because I figured it wasn't working because my computer could not handle all of the DLC but I just tried to download the vampires because the game was running fine and I thought it could handle 1 more DLC,

ravenhalex
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 11
Points : 53
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by Dandelion on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 16:13

@ravenhalex wrote:
@Ageha wrote:Hi @ravenhalex 

the game works fine with the first 3 DLC but whenever I try to download that 4th one
By the first 3 DLC is should be Get to Work, Get Together and City Living. The 4th is Vampire. Did you install anything after the Vampire update?
yes those are the first 3 I installed, no I didn't install anything else after that, should I have? I didn't install the rest of them this time but I did install everything the first time but it had the same loading problem like that so I had to completely uninstall and remove everything and start all over and instead just install the first 3 DLC because I figured it wasn't working because my computer could not handle all of the DLC but I just tried to download the vampires because the game was running fine and I thought it could handle 1 more DLC,
So you have installed by now:
Base Game
Get to Work
Get Together
Vampires/Toddlers

Now:
Download the folder Game HERE
Extract with Winrar
Delete the existing folder Game and/or Game_ from your install folder Program Files\The Sims 4
Copy/paste the extracted Game folder from the above download to your install folder Program Files\The Sims 4

Dandelion
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4
Posts : 108
Points : 217
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by ravenhalex on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 23:14

yes I currently have installed :
- base game
- Get To Work
- Get Together
- City Living
- Toddlers & Vampires

I just tried deleting the 2 game folders I had Game and Game_ and I replaced them with the one In the download you put up but it still crashed when I tried to load my household

ravenhalex
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 11
Points : 53
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by Ageha on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 12:33

@ravenhalex wrote:yes I currently have installed :
- base game
- Get To Work
- Get Together
- City Living
- Toddlers & Vampires

I just tried deleting the 2 game folders I had Game and Game_ and I replaced them with the one In the download you put up but it still crashed when I tried to load my household
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I'd suggest that you update your game to Parenthood and Fitness instead. Do the same process. Delete your current Game folder, then update to Parenthood + Fitness.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962
Points : 3180
Reputation : 295
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Loading forever.

Post by ravenhalex on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 21:13

@Ageha wrote:
@ravenhalex wrote:yes I currently have installed :
- base game
- Get To Work
- Get Together
- City Living
- Toddlers & Vampires

I just tried deleting the 2 game folders I had Game and Game_ and I replaced them with the one In the download you put up but it still crashed when I tried to load my household
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I'd suggest that you update your game to Parenthood and Fitness instead. Do the same process. Delete your current Game folder, then update to Parenthood + Fitness.

it is ok thank you for continuing to try and help, I just tried your suggestion and it still crashed at the same place as before, not sure if it will help but I will attach my last crash report

ravenhalex
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 11
Points : 53
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 21:18

@ravenhalex wrote:
it is ok thank you for continuing to try and help, I just tried your suggestion and it still crashed at the same place as before, not sure if it will help but I will attach my last crash report


//SPLIT


Hello @ravenhalex,

I've split and moved your conversation from the other thread, since that one was initially created by another user, and we generally prefer people opening their own topics even if it appears they have a 'similar' issue like someone else. Let's continue with your discussion here now, shall we. Smile

As for the crash log, there is no need to post these, since they mostly do not reveal much useful information about the cause of the problem.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19693
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by ravenhalex on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 21:22

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@ravenhalex wrote:
it is ok thank you for continuing to try and help, I just tried your suggestion and it still crashed at the same place as before, not sure if it will help but I will attach my last crash report


//SPLIT


Hello @ravenhalex,

I've split and moved your conversation from the other thread, since that one was initially created by another user, and we generally prefer people opening their own topics even if it appears they have a 'similar' issue like someone else. Let's continue with your discussion here now, shall we. Smile

As for the crash log, there is no need to post these, since they mostly do not reveal much useful information about the cause of the problem.

ok, and thank you for letting me know

//EDIT

I removed everything from my program(x86) and documents folder and and replaced it with a backup copy I made before adding vampires/toddlers and it all works again for some reason that DLC just isn't working for me

ravenhalex
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 11
Points : 53
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by Ageha on Thu 09 Nov 2017, 13:36

@ravenhalex wrote:I removed everything from my program(x86) and documents folder and and replaced it with a backup copy I made before adding vampires/toddlers and it all works again for some reason that DLC just isn't working for me
So I just re-read your posts again and you mentioned 1) Crashing at the same place and 2) Placing the game folder from our downloads. Assuming you only have up till Vampire install when you did #2 , it will ultimately crashed the game as that was intended for those who had install all the way till Toddler's stuff. (1.33).

Where did it crash exactly? If it crashes when you click on those DLCs pop-up, chances are there might be a different DLC count in your game folder and what the game thinks you have installed. Do screenshot your Sims 4 folder so that we can double-check everything again, perhaps? Smile

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962
Points : 3180
Reputation : 295
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by ravenhalex on Thu 09 Nov 2017, 19:14

well as I said already I reset everything back to before I added vampires when it was still working, the very first time I installed everything all the DLC and followed all the instructions but the game didn't even load it would show up in my task manager for a little while then just go away so I uninstalled and removed everything and started over and just installed the first 3 DLC I didn't want to do anymore because I didn't want to push it, when I tried downloading the 4th [vampires] the game came up and I was able to go to play it but when I click on my house and go to play it, it goes to load up my house but it just keeps loading, and when I switched the game folder with the one on this post it just crashed at that same point instead of loading forever, if you want I can reinstall vampires again and then take some screenshots

ravenhalex
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 11
Points : 53
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by Ageha on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 13:14

@ravenhalex

Ah I see. Well at that point of time the game folder you downloaded was actually for version 1.33. Seeing that you actually only installed up till Vampire, which is 1.29, having 'skip' some DLCs will make the game unable to run or crashes the game. If you want, and since there's a new pack out, install everything up till Cats & Dogs and then you can place the new game folder.
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-latest-available-game-folder-version-1-36-102-1020

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962
Points : 3180
Reputation : 295
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by ravenhalex on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 03:35

@Ageha wrote:@ravenhalex

Ah I see. Well at that point of time the game folder you downloaded was actually for version 1.33. Seeing that you actually only installed up till Vampire, which is 1.29, having 'skip' some DLCs will make the game unable to run or crashes the game. If you want, and since there's a new pack out, install everything up till Cats & Dogs and then you can place the new game folder.
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-latest-available-game-folder-version-1-36-102-1020

ok I will try that, but I don't see "cats & dogs" DLC on the downloads page?, for now I will just try downloading all the other DLC and the replacing the game folder

ravenhalex
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 11
Points : 53
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by ravenhalex on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 04:16

it seems my PC cannot handle all of the DLC it keeps freezing up when it tries to load the main menu and when I did get to the main menu I go into create a sim and the sim viewing screen is completely blacked out, and the house still does not load it just goes back to the world select window even with my mods disabled so that can't be the problem I just can't seem to get any of this to go right for me it seems I may just be stuck with having to only use the first 3 DLC, what I am mainly interested in is the updates so I can use certain mods that don't work on the older version Why God. 

 after installing all DLC and replaceing game folder with the game folder fix and going to create a new sim

ravenhalex
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 11
Points : 53
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by emosirrow on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 04:31

It might be broken mods? It was happening to me too and I read this broken mod list and removed the ones that were no longer working and it's fine now.

_________________

But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good.
avatar
emosirrow
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series
Female Posts : 9
Points : 212
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 19
Location : baltimore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by ravenhalex on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 05:42

......ok I think I finally got it working now I downloaded all 7 of the DLC from "get to work" to "toddler stuff" then I replaced the game folder in "The Sims 4" folder in Program (x86) with the game fix "TS4_Game_folder_1-33-38-1020" game folder and it started up and went to my house with no issues so far the reason I had gotten the above issue was because I used the game fix "TS4_Game_folder_1-36-102-1020" I will do some further testing and play the game a little to make sure everything is working alright but this is looking good

ravenhalex
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 11
Points : 53
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by ravenhalex on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 05:45

@emosirrow wrote:It might be broken mods? It was happening to me too and I read this broken mod list and removed the ones that were no longer working and it's fine now.

yeah broken mods are often an issue I wish there was a way to check the mods to make sure there ok before adding them

ravenhalex
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 11
Points : 53
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by Ageha on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 12:44

@ravenhalex wrote:......ok I think I finally got it working now I downloaded all 7 of the DLC from "get to work" to "toddler stuff" then I replaced the game folder in "The Sims 4" folder in Program (x86) with the game fix "TS4_Game_folder_1-33-38-1020" game folder and it started up and went to my house with no issues so far the reason I had gotten the above issue was because I used the game fix "TS4_Game_folder_1-36-102-1020" I will do some further testing and play the game a little to make sure everything is working alright but this is looking good
Hi, 

If the Toddler's stuff is working for you now and you don't want to update to Cats & Dogs, do not use the 1.36 game folder. That will messed up your DLCs count and then you'll have the same error all over again.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962
Points : 3180
Reputation : 295
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by ravenhalex on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 18:06

@Ageha wrote:
@ravenhalex wrote:......ok I think I finally got it working now I downloaded all 7 of the DLC from "get to work" to "toddler stuff" then I replaced the game folder in "The Sims 4" folder in Program (x86) with the game fix "TS4_Game_folder_1-33-38-1020" game folder and it started up and went to my house with no issues so far the reason I had gotten the above issue was because I used the game fix "TS4_Game_folder_1-36-102-1020" I will do some further testing and play the game a little to make sure everything is working alright but this is looking good
Hi, 

If the Toddler's stuff is working for you now and you don't want to update to Cats & Dogs, do not use the 1.36 game folder. That will messed up your DLCs count and then you'll have the same error all over again.
ok I will save the 1.36 just in case, thank you for the help it all seems to be working now, I don't really need cats and dogs right now if I ever do add it I will wait till I get a better PC which hopfully will be soon so I can get all the good graphics from the game and everything to

ravenhalex
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 11
Points : 53
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by Ageha on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 18:12

@ravenhalex wrote:ok I will save the 1.36 just in case, thank you for the help it all seems to be working now, I don't really need cats and dogs right now if I ever do add it I will wait till I get a better PC which hopfully will be soon so I can get all the good graphics from the game and everything to
Good job!
Of course. It seems the Cats&Dogs pack has an updated minimum spec as well. I'll be locking your topic for now. Feel free to open a new one if you have any other questions or errors.
Till then, cheers and have fun!
I tip my fedora.

Problem solved; Topic closed.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962
Points : 3180
Reputation : 295
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading forever. [SOLVED]

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum