Language. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Language. [SOLVED]

Post by totte1015 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:43

So I downloaded dauphongs latest Sims 4 Complete, and I had the language changer program, it worked fine to set to Swedish, BUT, it does not show in Swedish for everything related to the pets expansion, descriptions and such just says "*DEBUG*"

How do I fix that?

//EDIT

I have tried everything, downloaded language pack from IGG games, and the swedish strings is there, but yet not working

totte1015
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : PC
Male Posts : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Language. [SOLVED]

Post by Arnie on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 12:06

Yesterday I had the same issue (but with Spanish language), in skidrow there was a multilanguage patch that installs the language strings files and it solved my problem. I can try to change in Swedish and see if everything is working.

EDIT: I've just tried it and it seems everything is working perfectly, can you see for example the description of the image?

Maybe i can send you the files (if the Mods give me permission and also help me to filter the exact files that make the game work in any language)

EDIT 2: Okay, I don't know how to publish an image. Sorry  Why.

Arnie
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims, Life is Strange, Danganronpa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by totte1015 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 16:34

@Arnie wrote:Yesterday I had the same issue (but with Spanish language), in skidrow there was a multilanguage patch that installs the language strings files and it solved my problem. I can try to change in Swedish and see if everything is working.

EDIT: I've just tried it and it seems everything is working perfectly, can you see for example the description of the image?

Maybe i can send you the files (if the Mods give me permission and also help me to filter the exact files that make the game work in any language)

EDIT 2: Okay, I don't know how to publish an image. Sorry  Why.

Yeah, the patch, is it named "Update.1.36.102.MULTI.LANG.PATCH" or is it the "EA Setup" from the The Sims 4 folder?

I have tried both and they dont seem to be working, I really dont know whats causing it anymore
Im not sure if I have the skidrow version though?
In my Bin folder, there is RLD settings, so perhaps we have different releases?

totte1015
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 16:36

Just a heads-up, the current "Cats & Dogs" release from G4TW has these language strings included as well. I don't know about other releases, from other groups, though.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by totte1015 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 16:40

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Just a heads-up, the current "Cats & Dogs" release from G4TW has these language strings included as well. I don't know about other releases, from other groups, though.

I will check for options instead of "Dauphong"'s release on TPB, the initial download (which is no install, just move folder) has no swedish strings, but their patch from their site had that, but it doesnt seem to work

Are you allowed to post the TS4+all DLC link released from G4TW?

//EDIT

Oooooooooooooooooooh NEVERMIND!

All this time, the language patch, I selected my The Sims 4 folder, but it created another folder within The sims 4, called "The Sims 4" so the patch never actually applied...

Such a silly misstake, yet not

But now, it works perfectly!

Thanks!

totte1015
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 16:50

Glad to hear it was just a minor thing, after all! Have fun with the game, and never hesitate to get in touch with us again, in the future.

Problem solved, topic closed. Smile

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum