Is anybody here who installed Cats & Dogs and it's working without any issues? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is anybody here who installed Cats & Dogs and it's working without any issues? [SOLVED]

Post by lollypoop002 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:20

Hi Very Happy 

Is anybody here who installed Cats & Dogs and it's working without any issues? I'm asking because I'm afraid to unpack my new game-folder (Cats&Dogs) and crash my game Very Happy (I've read about many issues here on the forum).

Just let me know If there is some game-fix needed and it's better to wait for it or just test the game and see what's will happen? Very Happy 

Thank you in advance for your answer Smile 

lollypoop002
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims
Female Posts : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is anybody here who installed Cats & Dogs and it's working without any issues? [SOLVED]

Post by phivedead on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:26

Mine works 100% fine - just remember to remove ALL your CC. It's worth having a vanilla save you can play instead of your modded games in times like these - so you can still try the new features without messing up your saves while you put your CC back in.

The safest way to get your CC back in your game is a little at a time, playtesting each time to see if there's any issues.

phivedead
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Favourite games : Sims 4, Bioshock, Don't Starve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is anybody here who installed Cats & Dogs and it's working without any issues? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:32

@lollypoop002 wrote:

Hi Very Happy 

Is anybody here who installed Cats & Dogs and it's working without any issues? I'm asking because I'm afraid to unpack my new game-folder (Cats&Dogs) and crash my game Very Happy (I've read about many issues here on the forum).

Just let me know If there is some game-fix needed and it's better to wait for it or just test the game and see what's will happen? Very Happy 

Thank you in advance for your answer Smile 

Hello @lollypoop002,

Check this out please (in particular solution #2):
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-latest-available-game-folder-version-1-36-102-1020

Other than that, the system requirements as of the Cats and Dogs DLC have been "upped". You now need a minimum of 4GB of RAM, and apparently also a 64-bit operating system as well.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lollypoop002 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:44

The_gh0st wrote:

Hello @lollypoop002,

Check this out please (in particular solution #2):
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-latest-available-game-folder-version-1-36-102-1020

Other than that, the system requirements as of the Cats and Dogs DLC have been "upped". You now need a minimum of 4GB of RAM, and apparently also a 64-bit operating system as well.

Ohhhhh nooooooooo Sad Sad Sad I have 4 GB of RAM but 32-bit system... How can I change it?

Awesome Emote

lollypoop002
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:46

@lollypoop002 wrote:

Ohhhhh nooooooooo Sad Sad Sad I have 4 GB of RAM but 32-bit system... How can I change it?

I'm afraid you will have to re-install a 64-bit Windows system. Or maybe for the moment, if you have access to another computer (with 64-bit Windows), play the game on there?

Can you try the suggestions here?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-11-11-2017

I don't know to what extent the game can be made "playable" on a 32-bit operating system, but I suppose it's the best you can try at the moment.

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by liriana on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:52

I only have 3 problems...

1.) 2 tables can't change their swatches:
-the Milly's dining from backyard stuff
-the Run Run Runnerway from movie hangout
2.) I can only travel when I hit the "M" key. Not from the phone or when I am clicking on the destination to "visit".
3.) I can only change the vet clothes if I am changing the first one (no additional clothes).

I found the third one as a reported bug on ea site but not the other two. I am using mods but I tried to update which were outdated such as Mc Command Center.

EDIT: The second one is mod related. It caused by the Chat and Invite For Vampires Fix by Tiger 3018. The first and the third one is definetely ingame bugs and not caused by cc. ^^ (just a heads up)

Last edited by liriana on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 22:23; edited 1 time in total
liriana
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:54

@liriana wrote:I only have 3 problems (...)

Well, could be worse I suppose.  Very Happy  Carlos is tha man

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by liriana on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:56

Yeah Very Happy so far so good and I hope it is a common issues (so EA will fix them one day) or just a cc related and not the crack.
liriana
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterstar2015 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 16:03

im waiting to see if i have issues, mine right now is the slow download.. unlike all the others which iw as able to redownload over night, this one seems to be very slow v.v

winterstar2015
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lollypoop002 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 16:04

@The_gh0stm4n I've just tested my game (Cats&Dogs) and........ IT'S WORKING 100% !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (even on 32-bit system).

Just I changed game settings for lower and I'm playing in windowed mode Wink Maybe game's graphic is not as pretty as I wish to be, but the most important that it's working without any issues!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

I'm so so so happy!!!

Now you can close the topic Wink 

Enjoy your game guys!!! Very Happy 

Awesome Emote

lollypoop002
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elena Jackson on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 16:12

For all of you experimenting problems... You ABSOLUTLY have to follow the instruction in the folder that comes with the crack because I did it and I have no issue with the game. It was laggy when i first opened it but it's always like that when you had another DLC into your game. The game runs smoothly and I see and have everything the pack comes with. 

1. Make sure you have the Toddler Stuff, Get to work, Get Together,City Living, Vampire, Bowling Stuff, Parenthood and Fitness Stuff. 

2. You need to locate your game folder but for most of you it will in ''C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4''

3. Delete or Remove the ''Game'' Folder. Then you need to copy all the folders from the Sims Cats and Dogs folder to your Sims 4 folder and as I mentionned before for many of you it will be Inside of ''C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4'' 

4. If you want a shortcut, ''C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims/Game/Bin and use the TS4_x64.exe if you can run the 64 bit which is the better one for the system. I can't tell if the TS4.exe will work because I did not try.

That's what I did all this and my game works perfectly great.
Btw, all I wrote is what I did, not exactly what it's in the installation guide.

Elena Jackson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : Sims
Female Posts : 101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki122 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 17:41

I have an issue with Cats&Dogs DLC. And the problem is, that my sims are doing one thing over and over agin. I mean, When I started the game with newly installed Cats&dogs, my sims goes to the fridge and takes out food, than he doesn't eat it, but just put it on the flor, than he opens the fridge again and takes out food, and puts it on the floor again. And he repeats this over and over. So I had bout 10 plates of food on the floor.

Kiki122
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Skyrim, Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dandelion on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 18:16

@Kiki122 wrote:I have an issue with Cats&Dogs DLC. And the problem is, that my sims are doing one thing over and over agin. I mean, When I started the game with newly installed Cats&dogs, my sims goes to the fridge and takes out food, than he doesn't eat it, but just put it on the flor, than he opens the fridge again and takes out food, and puts it on the floor again. And he repeats this over and over. So I had bout 10 plates of food on the floor.
I've seen this error on the Dutch simsforum as well.
It proved to be CC related.

Dandelion
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCA on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 22:02

The only issue I'm having is the game telling me I don't own it... No shit, Sherlock.' everything else is fine, just that problem.
TCA
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : PS4 PS3 (Netflix and Youtube)
Male Posts : 77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elena Jackson on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 22:06

@TCA wrote:The only issue I'm having is the game telling me I don't own it... No shit, Sherlock.' everything else is fine, just that problem.
That's why its better to own everything WhatDidUJustCallMe? but not all of you have small or a good computer to run the Sims 4.

Elena Jackson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCA on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 22:09

@Elena Jackson wrote:
@TCA wrote:The only issue I'm having is the game telling me I don't own it... No shit, Sherlock.' everything else is fine, just that problem.
That's why its better to own everything WhatDidUJustCallMe? but not all of you have small or a good computer to run the Sims 4.
What?
TCA
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elena Jackson on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 22:29

@TCA wrote:
@Elena Jackson wrote:
What?
IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd  wrong page my bad lol

Elena Jackson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCA on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 22:30

@Elena Jackson wrote:
@TCA wrote:
@Elena Jackson wrote:
What?
IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd  wrong page my bad lol
no worries. Cheers!
TCA
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cats and dogs, doesn't show as being installed

Post by Ambrosa on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 03:28

Got the cats and dogs downloaded and followed all instructions to the t. Started game, without mods folder, but the Dogs and Cats thing never came up and the new world shows as a lauma. Can't load game at all. Click on a house and it keeps going back to the list of the worlds. I have every gp ,sp and all. All of which was from G4TW. Any help would be very appreciated.

Ambrosa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by emosirrow on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 04:24

I haven't had any problems, thankfully!   Tea 3

But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good.
emosirrow
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series
Female Posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dandelion on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 09:30

No problems at all

Dandelion
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiki-Seihin on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 12:00

I've tried with and without CC;

My issue is when I cook or give them a task at the Vets like checking in a patient, my sims does that Reset stance with arms apart and the task vanishes from UI, sometimes that happens when cooking, talking, showering ... it's like a loop of Reset(DEBUG) pretty annoying ... =/
Jiki-Seihin
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loonieloose on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 13:23

I had problems but after running the latest Sims 4 Studio ( wishes )and fixing the batches, it runs like a dream Smile

Loonieloose
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 536

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 16:53

Since the OP's problem appears to have been resolved, I will close the topic now. If you experience difficulties of any sorts, and you haven't done so already, feel free to open a new topic here. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum