Cats & Dogs - not recognizing my save files/mods/etc.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cats & Dogs - not recognizing my save files/mods/etc.

Post by kc821 on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 02:55

Hi! Newbie here. So I just installed the new EP, followed all the steps as usual and I've run into something weird which has never happened to me before with any of the downloads on this site. For whatever reason, the game is not recognizing my Documents\Electronic Arts folder, so none of my mods or save files are showing up in game. I've already tried deleting the folder and allowing the game to generate a new one, but I'm still not having any luck. I've also reinstalled from scratch already too.

Does anyone have any tips?

kc821
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 4
Posts : 9
Points : 42
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats & Dogs - not recognizing my save files/mods/etc.

Post by Ageha on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 12:38

Hi there,

If you're on Windows 10, check that the game is not using OneDrive as your main save path instead. You can disable it and the game should detect from the Documents normally.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962
Points : 3176
Reputation : 295
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats & Dogs - not recognizing my save files/mods/etc.

Post by kc821 on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 14:38

Thanks for your response - however, I am still stumped. I didn't have OneDrive set up, so that doesn't appear to be the problem. I decided to try deleting the Electronic Arts folder in My Documents again to get a fresh one, copied over the cats & dogs game files again, started my game and a new save... but now I can't find an EA folder ANYWHERE so I have no idea where the files are being saved.

kc821
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 4
Posts : 9
Points : 42
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats & Dogs - not recognizing my save files/mods/etc.

Post by Ageha on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 17:32

@kc821 wrote:Thanks for your response - however, I am still stumped. I didn't have OneDrive set up, so that doesn't appear to be the problem. I decided to try deleting the Electronic Arts folder in My Documents again to get a fresh one, copied over the cats & dogs game files again, started my game and a new save... but now I can't find an EA folder ANYWHERE so I have no idea where the files are being saved.
Ah! No worries then. What you need to do is actually start up the game, and if there's a load option now, hover over any of the families/saves you have and see where the saved data are stored to. If not, you can try searching for The Sims 4 at the file explorer search bar and see if anything comes up.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962
Points : 3176
Reputation : 295
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats & Dogs - not recognizing my save files/mods/etc.

Post by kc821 on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 22:03

@Ageha wrote:
@kc821 wrote:Thanks for your response - however, I am still stumped. I didn't have OneDrive set up, so that doesn't appear to be the problem. I decided to try deleting the Electronic Arts folder in My Documents again to get a fresh one, copied over the cats & dogs game files again, started my game and a new save... but now I can't find an EA folder ANYWHERE so I have no idea where the files are being saved.
Ah! No worries then. What you need to do is actually start up the game, and if there's a load option now, hover over any of the families/saves you have and see where the saved data are stored to. If not, you can try searching for The Sims 4 at the file explorer search bar and see if anything comes up.

This was the weirdest thing... for whatever reason, the cats & dogs update caused a new Electronic Arts folder to generate under another user on my PC, and deleting it didn't seem to help - so for the time being I've gone back to the 1.33 release. Thanks for trying to help though, and if you've ever experienced this before, please let me know if there's anything I can do!

kc821
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 4
Posts : 9
Points : 42
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats & Dogs - not recognizing my save files/mods/etc.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 18:55

@kc821, out of curiosity, does your anti-virus program happen to be Bitdefender ?

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19688
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats & Dogs - not recognizing my save files/mods/etc.

Post by kc821 on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 23:47

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:@kc821, out of curiosity, does your anti-virus program happen to be Bitdefender ?

No, I have Norton. I've never even heard of Bitdefender actually, does it cause problems with the downloads from here?

kc821
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 4
Posts : 9
Points : 42
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats & Dogs - not recognizing my save files/mods/etc.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum