Game will not load after Pets DLC [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game will not load after Pets DLC [SOLVED]

Post by KathyTheLlama on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 05:40

Hi!

I have searched most topics already and no one who asked questions, answered with their problems...

I just installed all dlcs including the base game (duh) and it freezes right before getting to the main screen. I was able to get to the main screen once, but since then it has frozen and it crashed or "doesn't respond."

Why? 

Ive done everything I was told to do...

KathyTheLlama
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, Prison Architect
Female Posts : 5
Points : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-14
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game will not load after Pets DLC [SOLVED]

Post by Polarbear on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 16:24

Delete the existing folder Game from your install folder The Sims 4
Now re-apply Cats & Dogs again
avatar
Polarbear
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims
Posts : 203
Points : 298
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2017-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game will not load after Pets DLC [SOLVED]

Post by RBNA on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 23:09

@Polarbear wrote:Delete the existing folder Game from your install folder The Sims 4
Now re-apply Cats & Dogs again
Hi, 
I have the same issue and tried what you said but sadly it's still not working... Sad

RBNA
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims
Posts : 4
Points : 79
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game will not load after Pets DLC [SOLVED]

Post by KathyTheLlama on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 01:40

Ya I just tried and it still doesn't work.
"Something has cause the sims 4 to stop working...." 

Whats next?

KathyTheLlama
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, Prison Architect
Female Posts : 5
Points : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-14
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game will not load after Pets DLC [SOLVED]

Post by utariird on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 02:22

@KathyTheLlama wrote:Ya I just tried and it still doesn't work. "Something has cause the sims 4 to stop working...."  Whats next?


Check your PM

Sent from Topic'it App

utariird
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : THE SIMS
Posts : 15
Points : 38
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game will not load after Pets DLC [SOLVED]

Post by myllakp on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 04:58

Same with me... can't seem to get it to load. It loaded up to the main menu for the first time, and then not anymore. Mine doesn't even crash. It stays forever frozen in that screen, it doesn't even let me open task manager, so i need to restart the computer every time.

myllakp
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Fallout, The Sims, Second Life, Cuphead
Posts : 3
Points : 8
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game will not load after Pets DLC [SOLVED]

Post by KathyTheLlama on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 06:03

@myllakp wrote:Same with me... can't seem to get it to load. It loaded up to the main menu for the first time, and then not anymore. Mine doesn't even crash. It stays forever frozen in that screen, it doesn't even let me open task manager, so i need to restart the computer every time.

I fixed it by hunting around the forum,

This right here saved my life.
I also moved my "The Sims 4" folder back to x86 and I play the regular and not the x64.exe one.

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-latest-available-game-folder-version-1-36-102-1020

Ive been playing for 2 hours now and JUST got done getting floors down and wall colour up  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd But too tired so bedtime.
I hope it works for you!

KathyTheLlama
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, Prison Architect
Female Posts : 5
Points : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-14
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game will not load after Pets DLC [SOLVED]

Post by RBNA on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 10:25

@KathyTheLlama wrote:
@myllakp wrote:Same with me... can't seem to get it to load. It loaded up to the main menu for the first time, and then not anymore. Mine doesn't even crash. It stays forever frozen in that screen, it doesn't even let me open task manager, so i need to restart the computer every time.

I fixed it by hunting around the forum,

This right here saved my life.
I also moved my "The Sims 4" folder back to x86 and I play the regular and not the x64.exe one.

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-latest-available-game-folder-version-1-36-102-1020

Ive been playing for 2 hours now and JUST got done getting floors down and wall colour up  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd But too tired so bedtime.
I hope it works for you!

Amazing! It worked for me too! The loading takes a little longer but at least it's working now Very Happy

RBNA
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims
Posts : 4
Points : 79
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game will not load after Pets DLC [SOLVED]

Post by RBNA on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 15:34

Although it is working without any CC, when I install some CC it's NOT working anymore. Then the game won't even open Sad Guess I have to play without mods...

RBNA
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims
Posts : 4
Points : 79
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game will not load after Pets DLC [SOLVED]

Post by Ageha on Thu 16 Nov 2017, 16:39

@RBNA wrote:Although it is working without any CC, when I install some CC it's NOT working anymore. Then the game won't even open Sad Guess I have to play without mods...
Hi @RBNA ,

I think mostly the scripted mods/furniture CCs that's causing most of the Cats n Dogs error. Try fixing the CCs using sims 4 studio as mentioned below and see if that helps.
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t32166-fix-for-cas-and-cc-issues-after-cats-and-dogs-available

I myself am using alot of CC (clothes/hair and such) and so far there's no bugs that I've encountered. 
Seeing that the OP problem has been solved, feel free to open a new topic of your own if the above solution does not fix your error or if you encounter any other bugs/errors in-game. If you have any quick/general question, feel free to email me instead.  Very Happy

Till then, cheers and have fun!
Problem solved; Topic closed.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1927
Points : 3109
Reputation : 291
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum