Origin issues?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin issues?

Post by Blubblysims on Sat 18 Nov 2017, 23:40

So before I’ve been getting TS3 off G4TW and everything would work perfectly fine. Now that I’m trying to switch over to TS4 I’ve been having a lot of issues. At first I installed the base game and everything worked fine. Then when I started adding stuff packs and expansions I didn’t notice I had to do it in a certain order / all stuff packs. When I tried to play it that time it said origin needed to be open. Opened origin and tried again Sims didn’t even open. Then I realized my mistake uninstalled everything (I didn’t have a backup folder) and reinstalled. Tried to open sims got an error message saying “unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of TS4, and cannot be loaded please update your game via origin to play” i don’t know what to do now please help. Thank you!

Blubblysims
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin issues?

Post by Loonieloose on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 09:18

Did you follow the install instructions carefully? After installing the base game, you HAVe to move it out of the electronic arts folder! MOVE, not copy paste. ( Done by cut/paste ) Move to either program files (x 86) if you have 32 bit system, program files if you have 64 bit version. Never ever play the game with origin running.
Read here:  
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#

Loonieloose
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 536

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 15:20

Hi @Blubblysims

“unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of TS4

Try deleting the GameVersion.txt in your Documents folder and see if you're able to run the game now.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 17:14

@Blubblysims wrote:So before I’ve been getting TS3 off G4TW and everything would work perfectly fine. Now that I’m trying to switch over to TS4 I’ve been having a lot of issues. At first I installed the base game and everything worked fine. Then when I started adding stuff packs and expansions I didn’t notice I had to do it in a certain order / all stuff packs. When I tried to play it that time it said origin needed to be open. Opened origin and tried again Sims didn’t even open. Then I realized my mistake uninstalled everything (I didn’t have a backup folder) and reinstalled. Tried to open sims got an error message saying “unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of TS4, and cannot be loaded please update your game via origin to play” i don’t know what to do now please help. Thank you!

Also make sure to have Origin closed completely (even the login prompt), before you start the cracked Sims 4 game.

Cookie from Carlos

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum