Can I remove DLC's by deleting their folder?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I remove DLC's by deleting their folder?

Post by adiibalogh on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 06:53

Hi Simlies! Can I remove some particular DLC's by deleting their folders (e.g. EP1 or SP4 etc.)? I mean, won't it crash my whole game? Will my game run faster or is it useless? My reason is that I downloaded all the DLC's until Cats&Dogs but it's lagging a bit on my MacBook Air with all of them (and I also don't have much storage available) and I want to use only some of the newest DLC's. Is it possible somehow? I don't want to play on minimal graphics settings neither installing Windows via Bootcamp.
Thank you! Smile

adiibalogh
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can I remove DLC's by deleting their folder?

Post by Dandelion on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:24

When you are talking about pirated games, the easiest way to switch off a certain DLC is opening the file RldOrigin.ini in the folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin.
Every DLC has 3 entries, example Vampires is item 132 and has IID132, ETG132 and GRP132.
To switch Vampires off simply put a semi-colon in front of the lines.
Should you later decide to play Vampires again, just remove the semi-colons.

Dandelion
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adiibalogh on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:45

Does it mean it won’t appear at all and my game will run as fast as it wouldn’t be installed?
And how can I know these codes of each DLC’s?

adiibalogh
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 21:14

@adiibalogh wrote:Does it mean it won’t appear at all and my game will run as fast as it wouldn’t be installed?
And how can I know these codes of each DLC’s?

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the Forum @adiibalogh,

In the RldOrigin.ini file (that contains the entries the user before was talking about) has these numbers and references to DLC names. See the guide here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t30898-how-to-disable-uninstall-individual-dlc-from-the-sims-4

Now, you should be fine though by simply deleting just the DLC folders. Back then the game used to freeze though very time you started it up, which was the reason you "had" to edit the RldOrigin.ini as well. But now the game does not seem to do that anymore, so again, removing just the folders should suffice. If you want to be absolutely safe, then you can edit the RldOrigin.ini file too.

Good luck!

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 14984

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum