Fatal Error: Dynamic Library failed to load/antivirus software not false-detecting file

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fatal Error: Dynamic Library failed to load/antivirus software not false-detecting file

Post by pwx34 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 16:19

I've no idea what I did wrong. I downloaded all files for The Sims 4, including the latest update (the one released on 11/16). The files and folders have all been made exceptions in my antivirus software as well. 
I followed the installation instructions step by step. Help!

pwx34
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fatal Error: Dynamic Library failed to load/antivirus software not false-detecting file

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 21:01

@pwx34 wrote:

I've no idea what I did wrong. I downloaded all files for The Sims 4, including the latest update (the one released on 11/16). The files and folders have all been made exceptions in my antivirus software as well. 
I followed the installation instructions step by step. Help!

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the Forum @pwx34,

The rld.dll file is no longer in use, in the latest updates/DLC for The Sims 4. That would signal to me that you managed to install the base game, but not necessarily the other DLCs/updates.

Are you sure you are copying the updates on top of your base game installation, and are you also replacing all existing files and folder when prompted? Have another look at the guide here please:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Tea 3

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fatal Error: Dynamic Library failed to load/antivirus software not false-detecting file

Post by pwx34 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 21:24

@The_gh0stm4n

I've downloaded all the other updates for the game, and put the information in folders (organized by the update name) into my The Sims 4 folder. I was never prompted to replace the existing files and folder. 

Rereading, I don't think I managed to install the updates correctly, just move them. Where is the install application for the DL's? Or, alternatively, where would I place the files for the updates?

pwx34
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loonieloose on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 21:49

No install application. You just copy all the files from the DLC's and paste them into yous sims 4 file in program. Will prompt to replace, always say yes.

Loonieloose
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 536

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pwx34 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 22:19

@Loonieloose

Thanks! All of my DLC's are installed now. However, i'm still getting the same in game error. I also installed the 1.36.104.1020 update into my The Sims 4 folder.

pwx34
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum