Create a sim - able to choose traits etc, but black character screen...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Create a sim - able to choose traits etc, but black character screen...

Post by Veroniiiqaa on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 19:58

So I have installed ALL of the packs and the basic + the new patch in the right order. Triple checked I had done it all right. I can launch the game fine with no problems, and when I go to create a sim there's no lag. Now the problem is that I can see all of the logos and choices 'in front', i.e. the traits, name change, hobbies etc. But the area where the actual is standing (I can hear it talk), is just BLACK. Its a black screen in the background where the sim is standing. This is puzzling me to no end. Help? Sad I had a look around and no one else seems to have posted this problem.

I'm on windows 10, and moved the sims 4 folder to c\programme files. I'm unable to launch the 64 bit version despite having a 64 bit system, but able to launch normal application with no problems.

EDIT* Ok so I just went ahead and pressed the random sim button and attempted to place my sim in her house, after the loading screen of placing her in a house, it automatically takes me back to the choose worlds/cities page again....I have obviously done something wrong Sad

EDIT 2* Please see the picture I have attached. This appears when I first launch the game..it says pack download in progress...

Veroniiiqaa
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : the sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Create a sim - able to choose traits etc, but black character screen...

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 20:34

@Veroniiiqaa wrote:So I have installed ALL of the packs and the basic + the new patch in the right order. Triple checked I had done it all right. I can launch the game fine with no problems, and when I go to create a sim there's no lag. Now the problem is that I can see all of the logos and choices 'in front', i.e. the traits, name change, hobbies etc. But the area where the actual is standing (I can hear it talk), is just BLACK. Its a black screen in the background where the sim is standing. This is puzzling me to no end. Help? Sad I had a look around and no one else seems to have posted this problem.

I'm on windows 10, and moved the sims 4 folder to c\programme files. I'm unable to launch the 64 bit version despite having a 64 bit system, but able to launch normal application with no problems.

EDIT* Ok so I just went ahead and pressed the random sim button and attempted to place my sim in her house, after the loading screen of placing her in a house, it automatically takes me back to the choose worlds/cities page again....I have obviously done something wrong Sad

EDIT 2* Please see the picture I have attached. This appears when I first launch the game..it says pack download in progress...

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Veroniiiqaa, Smile

Can you check which towns are available in your game? Use the "travel"-thing, and then click on the symbol in the top left corner. This should bring up another window where all worlds are installed.

The "easiest" solution could be for you to simply re-apply all the torrent DLCs, starting with "Get to Work". So re-copy and re-paste everything once more. See the post here too:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t30063-game-data-incomplete-possible-fix

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 14989

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marian4 on Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:58

i have exacly the same problem!on creating sim everything is black except traits,name etc. and when i choose rundom sim to play only sawing the cities and everything i choose it doesn't work.choosing cities is the only thing i can see.and it doesn't even exiting the game!!

marian4
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : the sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum