Cannot run original sims 4 game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot run original sims 4 game.

Post by Daneyyy7 on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 06:38

I followed every step its just that when im trying to run the sims 4, it just says "This installation package cannot be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package." I tried running both exe and msi files. I also temporarily disabled my antivirus during the installation process. Any ideas how I could get it to run? Thanks. Help Noob I'm new here.

Daneyyy7
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot run original sims 4 game.

Post by Dandelion on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 11:02

When talking about the original, legal Sims 4 game, just leave the (automatic) installation to Origin
Log in to your Origin-account, click on My Games, rightclcik on the picture of the Sims 4 and select Install.

Dandelion
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 22:55

@Daneyyy7 wrote:I followed every step its just that when im trying to run the sims 4, it just says "This installation package cannot be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package." I tried running both exe and msi files. I also temporarily disabled my antivirus during the installation process. Any ideas how I could get it to run? Thanks. Help Noob I'm new here.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Daneyyy7

Did you use WinRAR for extracting the contents of the download? See also this here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18287-this-installation-package-could-not-be-opened-possible-fix

@Dandelion wrote:When talking about the original, legal Sims 4 game, just leave the (automatic) installation to Origin

As misleading as the topic title may be here, from the context of the error message I am assuming that the OP is talking about the pirated base game (only), of The Sims 4. 

And why else would a user "follow all step[s]" if they were actually using an Origin-version?

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum