All downloads required? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All downloads required? [SOLVED]

Post by dangskie on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 11:11

I've downloaded and installed all the files until Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling stuff. I really want to play Cats & Dogs. Can I skip Parenthood, Fitness Stuff, and Toddler Stuff and install Cats & Dogs directly, or is this a strict step-by-step must download all situation?

dangskie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: All downloads required? [SOLVED]

Post by Vical2000 on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 12:11

I need to follow this post, I'm not intrested in all the packs and I don't want to download all.

Vical2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Sims 3, Sims Freeplay, Sims Mobile, Pro Evolution Soccer, WWE 2k Games, NBA 2k Games, Mortal Kombat, GTA, Dream League Soccer.
Male Posts : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dandelion on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 13:26

You must install all DLC's and also in the correct order.
When you then decide not to want some packs you can disable them in the file Origin.ini by putting semi-colns in fron the of lines for a pack.

Dandelion
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dangskie on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 13:48

Awww.

dangskie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 05:40

@dangskie wrote:Awww.

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

These items on the "Must-Read guide" are indeed meant to be used in a consecutive order. Sometimes difficult and frustrating for new users, but then again, with a bit of searching on the internet I'm almost sure you can find "all-in-one" releases from other uploaders.

That said, you could theoretically install only "up to a certain point". For example, install "up to City Living" (skipping all that comes after that). Or "up to Parenthood" (same, skipping all that comes after Parenthood). 

In general though, most people who can bring up the hardware requirements (harddrive space, and as of lately a minimum of 4GB RAM + 64-bit operating system), will want the entire pack. Also because the game is so limited in its in-game features as is.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dangskie on Thu 30 Nov 2017, 03:42

@The_gh0stm4n @Dandelion thanks for the info. caved in and just downloaded everything. haha

dangskie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 30 Nov 2017, 07:12

@dangskie wrote:@The_gh0stm4n @Dandelion thanks for the info. caved in and just downloaded everything. haha

You're welcome.  Carlos is tha man  Feel free to get back in touch with us again anytime (just open a new thread), if you need more support or just want to hang out. Until then, have fun! Problem solved, topic closed.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum